The TRAVELING APRON has ended.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You guys are all just plain silly. That's why I love you all!
Sooooooooooooooooooo Buckytom....when are ya sending the apron to pdswife?

The list, btw:
jkath
buckytom
pdswife
Barbara L
Maidrite
licia
GB
Alix
Ken
PA Baker
Home chef
ronjohn55
BigDog
kimbabyi
phinz
SierraCook
Corinne
texasgirl
luvsfood
Michellemarie
Jenny
Raven
Erik
Deadly Sushi

Charlotte and Middie - you guys replied, but didn't say if you were wanting to be added to the list. Are either of you wanting to play? please please please...

As for the Europeans, so far we have Cara and Jikoni

Last edited:
now we got an idea of starting a separate "European Apron"... I created a new thread for that and will start a recruit for it!!:)

i know, i know jkath. i'm very sorry for the delay. i wanted to get a better picture - not blurry - on monday, but then the week went to heck. first the blizzard, then valentine's day, then while working a ton of hours, dw had to have emergency dental surgery (long story, bad dentist years ago) and is in a lot of pain since wednesday, so i've been busy with my little guy, and taking care of her.
sooooooo, i'm gonna try to get the pic today, if not, it will be mailed off tonight on the way home. k?
sorry again for the delay.:neutral:

thanks mm. you can imagine my surprise and worry when she called me from the dentist and told me she had to have surgery immediately as it was life threatening.
she's tough, but she's in a lot of pain. i was going to take today off to take care of the baby, but a couple of her friends are going to help out today and tomorrow.
fortunately, i'll be able to mail off the apron today.

jkath said:
First Stop...California! Next stop....New Jersey!

img_229526_0_772554c77938b985cb2141545a72c3b7.jpg

Here I am with my meyer lemon tree.

I keep forgetting to mention on the PM that I LOVE your photo!! You ought to be the next celebrity chef on Food Network, you definetely got the look, the charismatic radiating smile and wow, the way you strike a pose with the lemon!! :-p :rolleyes:
But, then again you are already a huge celebrity star of DC!!:heart:

ok, i just uploaded another pic, this time behind the scenes in our sports studio, with one of our cameras that i had to work on.

umm, how do i delete the first picture, or should i just leave them both?

pdswife, i will have the apron off to you tonight!!!

Cool pic Bucky! Might as well leave the other one up there too, unless you want me to remove it. I like it though.

buckytom said:
i know, i know jkath. i'm very sorry for the delay. i wanted to get a better picture - not blurry - on monday, but then the week went to heck. first the blizzard, then valentine's day, then while working a ton of hours, dw had to have emergency dental surgery (long story, bad dentist years ago) and is in a lot of pain since wednesday, so i've been busy with my little guy, and taking care of her.
sooooooo, i'm gonna try to get the pic today, if not, it will be mailed off tonight on the way home. k?
sorry again for the delay.:neutral:
Taking care of your wife is much more important than sending an apron! Go home and be with her, give her and the cute boy of yours a few extra hugs and don't worry!!! smiles, T

thanks pdswife, but i promise to have it in the mail tonight. dw is feeling much better today, so i don't have to rush home, i'll have time to make it to the post office.
i'm gonna sign the apron now. umm, what recipes would you like me to include? any suggestions?

oh goodness... you have so many good ones. How about the one that your wife BEGS you to make over and over again?

urmaniac13 said:
I keep forgetting to mention on the PM that I LOVE your photo!! You ought to be the next celebrity chef on Food Network, you definetely got the look, the charismatic radiating smile and wow, the way you strike a pose with the lemon!! :-p :rolleyes:
But, then again you are already a huge celebrity star of DC!!:heart:

Gosh! Can you tell I love my lemons?:)
Thank you so much for the kind words!

(of course I had to only get a waist and up photo so as to hide the mermaid tail.....:ermm: )
mermaid_cots.gif

Im glad to hear your wife is better Bucky! Yeah, Jkath DOES like her lemons! Of course mixed in with avacados! :chef: :rolleyes:
Jkath..... if I was an avacado, what would you do with me?! :shifty: lol! :LOL:

Jkath..... if I was an avacado, what would you do with me?!

I don't know what she would do with you, but you'd be the pits. (Only joking sweetie).:mrgreen:

pdswife, the package is away to you. you should have it by tuesday, or wednesday the latest.
btw, i included my recipes for veggie stuffed trout (dw's favourite), and dirty pork chops (one of my faves). i was trying to think of something that you and paul probably wouldn't have ever made, and something that an outdoorsman like paul would enjoy. maybe he can catch the trout himself!!

i can't wait to see more pictures of everyone wearing the apron.

I hadn't even thought about what recipes I will include with the apron - I suppose it would help to see who I send the apron to and check what their tastes are. Living in the country, I'm having a time thinking of a place to have a picture made also, I suppose by the creek may be a good place - or deep in the woods, or down a dirt road. It isn't like we have many attractions out here, except peace and quiet and that doesn't photograph well.

Are you kidding, licia? Peace and quiet is a perfect place for a photo!!!
(Think of all of us in Los Angeles County!)

Or, you could always be in your kitchen, making a lovely meal!

Back
Top Bottom