The TRAVELING APRON has ended.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Michelemarie said:
I got a slightly larger box, printed up the latest list, put some more mailing labels in the pocket, added some money to the “shipping” pocket, printed some recipes for Ronjohn and signed the apron. Thanks for the memories apron, enjoy Michigan!

The apron landed in Metro Detroit last night. I've been stuck working on a school project for a presentation tonight, but I'll be able to check everything out tomorrow, and should have it back in transit by this weekend. Can't wait to see how the apron looks on one of the brew kettles! :-p

I've been trying to think of something uniquely "Detroit" in there, but a coney from Lafeyette probably wouldn't ship too well. I'm sure we'll come up with something though...

John

aww, c'mon ronjohn. you have to be in the picture, at least in some way. maybe peeking over the kettle, like kilroy.

reanie, the apron has been to jersey, but i'm dying to see all of the additions. when it comes back here, lemme know. i'd love to see it again, and meet our fellow clansmen. vb and i are near each other in north jersey. who else is interested?

buckytom said:
aww, c'mon ronjohn. you have to be in the picture, at least in some way. maybe peeking over the kettle, like kilroy.

I don't know.... They told me when they gave me this identity that I should keep a low profile and not let too many people see me.... :rolleyes:

As for the apron, I can't wait to finally get a look at it tonight. Sheila has looked through it a bit I think, but I haven't really been home the last two nights so I haven't even really had a chance to ask her. She was rather curious about what was showing up in a big box like that. (Is there some sort of holiday coming up or something?)

John

Holy cow!

Is there ever a bunch of stuff in that box!

I was expecting the apron, and maybe a recipe or two! I'm tempted to get a picture of everything that came in the box!

I'm off to PM Deadly Sushi for his info. Going to try to get the photos finshed up tonight, and get it apron back around for shipping.

John

ronjohn55 said:
Holy cow!

I was expecting the apron, and maybe a recipe or two! I'm tempted to get a picture of everything that came in the box!

I'm off to PM Deadly Sushi for his info. Going to try to get the photos finshed up tonight, and get it apron back around for shipping.

John

Am I going to have to take out a personal loan to pay for shipping by the time this gets to me :LOL: ...... I can't wait to get it and see all the goodies.

The list again, so you don't have to keep switching back to the last page....

Sushi - has Ronjohn got your mailing address?

jkath

buckytom
pdswife
Barbara L
Maidrite
licia
GB
Alix
Ken
PA Baker
BigDog
kimbaby
phinz
SierraCook
Corinne
Michellemarie
ronjohn55
~ -DEADLY SUSHI-
~ Erik
~ Cara ***
~Jikoni***
~urmaniac13***
~ lulu***
~ Chef_Jen***
~cheese-lovers***
~ Dina
~ corazon90
~ Constance
~ JMediger
~jpmcgrew
~ SizzlininIN
~ Angie
~ texasgirl
~ VeraBlue
~ ChefJune
~ TATTRAT +++
~ DaCook
~ Half Baked
~ Katie E
~ Buck
~ goboenomo (canada)

~ amazing324
~ Shunka
~ bullseye
~ crewsk
~Reanie525i

+++Once TATTRAT receives the apron, I'll start double-checking with the remaining members on the list, to make sure they're still interested.

ronjohn55 said:
Holy cow!

John

Why don't you take a photo of what's in the box! I'm sure that a lot of people are really curious!

Someone wanted to know about how much it cost to send the package. I don't know what it cost to send it from Mystic, CT to the Chicago area because DH took care of that for me. It cost SierraCook around $12 to ship it from Calif. to CT. That's Priority Mail. I had a couple heavy items in there so it probably cost more than that to ship from here. There's cash in the apron pocket if you need it! I couldn't figure out what that was for, at first!

Corinne

buckytom said:
reanie, the apron has been to jersey, but i'm dying to see all of the additions. when it comes back here, lemme know. i'd love to see it again, and meet our fellow clansmen. vb and i are near each other in north jersey. who else is interested?
I'd be up for that, Bucky. Reanie is only a few miles from me, so I'm sure we could work something out. A pic with four (or more) clansmen would be fun! Anyone else close by?

*cough cough*
and me!
:(

That's odd... I thought buck was after me.... cause for a while i was thinking... hmm what can i get for buckytom, then i realized that buckytom already is on there and this person is just buck. :P

I can't decide what to put in the box, I am thinking and thinking! It will be fun that I am sending in from Italy rather than UK, because it gives me more of an opportunity to look at northern Italian things that are less familiar to me too.

I have two travelling aprons though, because I just ironed and packed mine yesterday, lol.

:unsure: I feel really thick, (duh) but I think I need to pop a very dumb question here... the extra little goodies each person pack with the parcell, are they for Jkath, the ultimate recepient, or for the next person in line?

Ooooh, I don't know. I put several candies and and gummy pizzas in the box for the next 10 or so people to try - if they wanted to. The box contains alot of stickers, emblems, information about the different cities, too. Good question!

A quick change in the schedule:

ERIK! Send ronjohn your mailing address asap!

jkath
buckytom

pdswife
Barbara L
Maidrite
licia
GB
Alix
Ken
PA Baker
BigDog
kimbaby
phinz
SierraCook
Corinne

Michellemarie

ronjohn55
~ Erik

~ Cara ***
~Jikoni***
~urmaniac13***
~ lulu***

~ Chef_Jen***

~cheese-lovers***

~ Dina
~ corazon90
~ Constance

~ JMediger

~jpmcgrew
~ SizzlininIN
~ Angie
~ texasgirl
~ VeraBlue
~ ChefJune

~ TATTRAT +++

~ DaCook

~ Half Baked

~ Katie E
~ Buck
~ goboenomo (canada)

~ amazing324

~ Shunka
~ bullseye
~ crewsk
~Reanie525i
~CookinBlondie

+++Once TATTRAT receives the apron, I'll start double-checking with the remaining members on the list, to make sure they're still interested.

Gobo - Buck is Katie's husband. Buckytom was my (un)lucky recipient - all the wacky stuff started happening later on!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom