The "what are you listening to now" thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In the car - Artie Shaw on CD - '40s swing. (When my contemporaries were going mad for the Beatles & the Rolling Stones, I was into American "Big Bands" and British equivalents.). Said by many that he was one of jazz's finest clarinetists.

I was introduced to big bands by my uncle who was a musician.

In the car - Artie Shaw on CD - '40s swing. (When my contemporaries were going mad for the Beatles & the Rolling Stones, I was into American "Big Bands" and British equivalents.). Said by many that he was one of jazz's finest clarinetists.

I was introduced to big bands by my uncle who was a musician.

As a teenager in the 50's R&B was my public favorite... but... I was introduced to Jazz by my musician brother and Jazz was and is my go to music.. We had Jazz concerts here.. One venue in particular was/is Sunset Auditorium.. A guy named Jimmy Lyons presented a series called Jazz At Sunset.. I sat through many a Jazz performance, one in particular was Errol Garner recording "Concert by the Sea".. Over 60 years I have had every technical version produced of that album.. Any Jazz pre 70's brings back memories I cherish...

Ross

Nice, Steve! She can cover Joni Mitchell better than Joni can. Joni's voice hasn't aged as well as Joan Baez or OMG Judy Collins. :heart: Judy is wonderful in a small-venue concert.

Nice lip-sync video. I can't really tell if these kids are good, or just have good producers. Definitely no Freddie Mercurys in that video...
Hey, I like Pentatonix, too. No need to be judgmental! :glare: Different people have different preferences in music. No one is making you listen to their music. Just because YOU prefer something doesn't mean everyone else has to listen to it. :huh: Well, unless you're playing Zeppelin...and they live next to you...:ermm:

Still, Led Zeppelin IS in my collection...along with Jim Brickman, Shinedown, Michael W. Smith, Diana Krall, Heart, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Floyd, Joe Walsh with or without Jame Gang... I could go on and on because I have a multiple-personality-music-preference.

Wouldn't it be boring if we all liked the same music? I think so.

Back
Top Bottom