The "what are you listening to now" thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
While a great song, harmony wise...the Beach Boys showed their limitations as far as picking up on what was happening culture wise and musically at that time. There was more going on than picking up on "good vibrations...she's giving me excitations".

Don't get me wrong. Their earlier stuff is still classic with me.

They struggled to make it past the mid to late 60's music scene, with so much other type songs happening and about to explode on the music world. The Beach Boys had their day.

Last edited:
The discussion about American Pie (the song, not the movie), got me thinking of Stevie Ray Vaughn. I did a YouTube search and found this. You have to have big cajones as a guitar player to get up on stage and do a cover of a Hendrix song. You better have the talent to back it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgIB1OL09H0

From Austin City Limits.

CD

Last edited:
Hey CookingGodess, I'm not too terribly anxious to visit Cleveland... although I would like to visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, someday.

But, if you can get me RUSH tickets in Cleveland, I'm there!

Of course, RUSH is a Canadian band, but I do believe their most enthusiastic fans are in Cleveland, and I think Alex, Geddy, and Neil would agree.

I have a DVD of their Time Machine concert in Cleveland, and the fans were phenomenal. They knew every word of every song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOAPd1kfPNk

CD

Way back song.

When the wagons leave the city
For the forest and further on
Painted wagons of the morning
Dusty roads where they have gone
Sometimes traveling through the darkness
Met the summer coming home
Fallen faces by the wayside
Looked as if they might have known
Oh the sun was in their eyes
And the desert was dry
In the country town
Where the laughter sounds
Oh the dancing and the singing
Oh the music when they played
Oh the fires that they started
Oh the girls with no regret
Sometimes they found it, sometimes they kept it
Often lost it along the way
Fought each other to possess it
Often died in sight of day
And the desert was dry
In the country town
And the desert was dry
In the country town

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Dcz-WxOeFk

Hey CookingGodess, I'm not too terribly anxious to visit Cleveland... although I would like to visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, someday.

But, if you can get me RUSH tickets in Cleveland, I'm there!

CD

I'm a huge RUSH fan. Have you seen the Rush in Rio concert? You want to talk about enthusiastic fans...

Unfortunately RUSH is no longer together. Neil Peart has retired due to health issues, so the band has split up. When Neil took his sabbatical after his daughter, and then his wife, passed away, Alex Lifeson and Geddy Lee said that RUSH would not perform again if Neil decided to stop playing. He eventually returned back to music, but it would appear that this time his retirement is permanent.

Back
Top Bottom