The "what are you listening to now" thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Right at the moment, I'm listening to a Ford commercial. Have on WAVY TV 10 News at 5, Mom loves to keep up with it so I humor her. As far as music, I'll listen to almost anything for a song or two.

I just stumbled upon this video. Dire Straits, Sting, Clapton, Phil Collins performing Money for Nothing. Talk about a dream team.

It also reminded me of this time about 20 years ago when I was working on a TV commercial for Popeye's Chicken, and on the soundstage next to us, Clapton was testing and rehearsing for an upcoming tour.

When we wrapped our commercial, and got everything torn down, we peaked through a door to Clapton's soundstage, and Eric and Mark Knopfler were free-form jamming.

Some of his stage hands saw us, and waved for us to come in. We sat and watched Eric Clapton and Mark Knopfler jam for about thirty minutes. Priceless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CB9OrGZ7-c

CD

I'm currently listening to Zeppelin, which means my neighbors are listening to Zeppelin. I'll make it up to them, as usual. I have great neighbors.

CD

CMT Top 20....

#11 this week "Today" by Brad Paisley

Brad Paisley is a very talented guitar player. Too bad he chose to play redneck music for a living. I would listen to him a lot if he played real music. :D

Just kidding!!! Don't hurt me for not liking country music... well most of it. I'd love to hang out with Willie... and not just for the party favors. Amazing songwriter and musician.

CD

I'd love to hang out with Willie... and not just for the party favors. Amazing songwriter and musician.

CD

Willie IS a great songwriter - and singer. There was a special Friday night on CMT called "Outlaw". It was about Waylon Jennings, and Willie was on there. That was an excellent show.

Brad Paisley is a very talented guitar player. Too bad he chose to play redneck music for a living. I would listen to him a lot if he played real music. :D

Just kidding!!! Don't hurt me for not liking country music... well most of it. I'd love to hang out with Willie... and not just for the party favors. Amazing songwriter and musician.

CD

Willie recorded a ballads album named Stardust, in the 70's... Remains my favorite to this day..

Last edited:
Nice lip-sync video. I can't really tell if these kids are good, or just have good producers. Definitely no Freddie Mercurys in that video. Maybe Milli Vanilli.

THIS is how it's done. (drops mic)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3p4MZJsexEs

CD
:rolleyes: Maybe you should look into them a little more before you make a snap judgment.

Trust me, I'm well familiar with Freddie Mercury and Queen (throws mic in the trash)

Nice lip-sync video. I can't really tell if these kids are good, or just have good producers. Definitely no Freddie Mercurys in that video. Maybe Milli Vanilli.
In all fairness, Queen's version of Bohemian Rhapsody contains as many as 180 overdubs in spots, and they never did the opera section live, either. It was a recording with a light show. ;)

In all fairness, Queen's version of Bohemian Rhapsody contains as many as 180 overdubs in spots, and they never did the opera section live, either. It was a recording with a light show. ;)

Yes, and the mixing was done by Freddie Mercury and Brian May. The opera parts took over 70 hours to record and mix. Their record label didn't want to release it as a single. They thought it was too long and not good. Boy, were they wrong.

So, in all fairness, excuse me if I'm not impressed by some kids lip synching a cover of the song. It isn't even good lip synching. It took me less than two seconds to know they were lip synching.

Freddie Mercury deserves better, IMO. He sang with real passion, these kids phoned it in.

CD

I have been a rush fan since I was a teen in the 70s. These guys are in their 60s now, and you expect aging rockers to lose their edge, but they just seem to get better. I need to start doing whatever it is that they are doing. LOL

I have their Time Machine concert on DVD. This is one of my favorites.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbsC_fGArVc

CD

Last edited:
So, in all fairness, excuse me if I'm not impressed by some kids lip synching a cover of the song. It isn't even good lip synching. It took me less than two seconds to know they were lip synching.
You don't have to be impressed. But you don't have to be rude, either. It's okay to let others have things they like, without trying to squish all the fun out of it for them.

(Takes mic out of trash, gently cleans it off, and puts it away. Because microphones are expensive.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom