This will be my car !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have always said I would love to get another Mustang. I had a 1969 Mustang Mach 1, My Father helped me rebuild it, it had a 351 Cleveland engine out of a 1971 Mustang. 4 bolt mains Crome moly pistons and rings and so much more. My Father worked for John Deere and had permission to work on it there after hours needless to say when it was rebuilt it was done right. Engine was take totally apart hot tanked , balanced and blueprinted. 4 speed trans. rebuilt stronger. We put a Ford 9 inch modified rearend under it. Traction Bars ,sway bars, Recaro bucket seats, Centerline Mags. What more could a 18 year old boy want? My Father asked me what color I wanted it, "I told him either Candy apple red, or Shaphire Blue with pearl white stripes." 2 weeks later I came home from school and the car was there with a cover on it. My Father said he would pull the cover off and when he did, Yep JOHN DEERE GREEN WITH JOHN DEERE YELLOW STRIPES!:ohmy: My Father told me never to race it on the street:huh: but I could take it to the drag strip once and a while. About 11 months later (My Girlfriend at that time) I went over to pick her up she lived 20 miles away in another town, I found out she had another boyfriend and she told me good bye! This was later at night, I was on my way home well to make a story a little shorter, I had a speedometer that went to 160 miles per hour and that was mear mention by this time it was pegged. I was doing somewhere around 180 when a state trooper caught me. Needless to say he knew my father and let me off doing 60 miles per hour in a 55. Gave me a ticket which cost me $16 and a ear full for about 2 hours, and he told my father rightfully so. When my Father found out:ohmy: the car was sold rightfully so. I had promised and so that was that.:(

Last edited:
When Maidrite does get his new Mustang, I'm going to sneak out and get it painted John Deere green/yellow!

:) Barbara

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom