Thursday November 10 What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It sounds like a good meal is in store for everyone tonight.

I'll be in a plane over the Pacific at dinnertime tonight. My older son arrived in Honolulu yesterday with his bride-to be and their four teenagers. Steve and I are bringing my younger son and his wife as a surprise for the beach wedding tomorrow morning. I can't wait to see the look on Joey's face when he sees his only brother will be there after all. Can you tell I'm excited??
See you in a week........happy cooking.

Aloha.....:flowers:

I'll be in a plane over the Pacific at dinnertime tonight. My older son arrived in Honolulu yesterday with his bride-to be and their four teenagers. Steve and I are bringing my younger son and his wife as a surprise for the beach wedding tomorrow morning. I can't wait to see the look on Joey's face when he sees his only brother will be there after all. Can you tell I'm excited??

Have a great time! Sounds like a wonderful family get together.

Aloha Kay,
have a wonderful time. Be safe.
kades

Sooooo... what are they serving? :)

Thanks Kades!! I just remembered the new MIA thread so I posted the same there. I'll take lots of pictures! Joey just called to say that he's looking at a double rainbow.........in this family, that means that his grandma (my mom) is there.

The wedding party (12 people) will be going to a Luau. :mrgreen::flowers::pig::clap:

I meant on the plane. You said you would be over the Pacific at dinnertime.
So will it be the fish or the chicken? Or the beer nuts? :LOL:

I am feeling lousy from cold and/or allergies. So it will be burgers and green salad (and if I can I will make mac salad also).

spaghetti for us tonight. Not sure if I'll do garlic bread or not. We'll be gone this weekend so don't want a lot of leftovers.

I'm making Giada's turkey meatloaf with sun dried tomatoes and feta for sure. I have some cabbage I need to use too, so will probably cook that up with some onions and an apple to go over egg noodles.

Last edited:
feeling punk myself. leftover braised beef ribs, corn on the cob and hopefully the last of the stuffing. gonna add sautéed onions, hopefully they will absorb some of the seasoning and be better. cranberry sauce. ice cream for dessert. vanilla caramel swirls.

I had a 1/2 pork loin in the freezer that has had a birthday, so I figured it was time to use it. Luckily it was in its original packaging. I put it in the slow cooker with bbq sauce, peach preserves, onion and garlic, smells really good.

It is cold here. We are having Autumn Beef Stew, salad, and biscuits.

I am really looking forward to trying out this bacon I bought tonight. (Oh yeah, I decided on a green bean/shrimp/bacon dish that I make, but will also add some sausage.) I mentioned buying the bacon a while back, $1.69/lb, so I bought 4 lbs. It came in a package frozen into loose clumps and strips. I was thinking/hoping that it was the expensive slab deli bacon that I see from Smith's in the counter. That maybe the store decided to split it up, package it themselves and sell it before it went bad on them. Which might account for its loose frozen state. Beats me, but it smells fantastic! I gave my hands a quick wash after handling and they still smell like I was playing with the smoker. I'm hoping it doesn't overpower the dish, but nothing more sriracha won't fix.

The pork loin came out really good. This was the big test for my new slow cooker (I broke the crock on my old faithful one). It cooked the loin perfectly in 8 hours, tender, melt in your mouth and still juicy. No burning and no rapid boiling!

The pork loin came out really good. This was the big test for my new slow cooker (I broke the crock on my old faithful one). It cooked the loin perfectly in 8 hours, tender, melt in your mouth and still juicy. No burning and no rapid boiling!

That's pretty good considering the loin was a year old :chef:

A big ol' salad sans lettuce, with peas, apple, bleu cheese, last of the cherry toms, sunflower seeds, bacon bits, and cottage cheese.

Back
Top Bottom