Thursday's dinner - 5/19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Grilled Ham Steak, Pineapple Rice, Boiled Cabbage,
Succotash with Bacon Bits...

Ham Steak, Succotash with Bacon. 5-19-22.jpg

Chicken Paillards with Blood Orange Pan Sauce. Very tasty, not difficult. Wondered about the meat being coated in Parmesan to cook... delish the Orange was perfect. A repeat for sure.20220519_175032.jpg20220519_175338.jpg

I made a Greek style lemony chicken soup. It was pretty good; it was homemade chicken soup. I didn't think that making an avgolemono sauce to add to the soup was worth the extra effort. I'll try again with the version that uses egg yokes and corn starch instead of whole eggs. I made the broth last night using an entire small chicken. Since I don't have any spare space in my fridge or freezer, I reduced the stock that wasn't going to get used today. I have about a litre of triple strength chicken stock left.

Since this isn't a "hearty soup", I figured we would need sandwiches or something to go with that. Well, I wasn't up for making sandwiches, so I dug some store bought Jamaican style patties out of the freezer and heated those. Maybe not the most suitable thing to serve with a lemony chicken soup, but I still enjoyed the meal. We now have lots of leftover chicken for salads and whatever and some homemade chicken stock.

Greek style chicken soup and a Jamaican style pattiy.jpg

I guess I felt ambitious today. I started out making some fresh pasta dough. I divided it into three packets, saving two for later meals.

Then I spent the afternoon and evening making a Shredded Beef Ragu. The whole process takes about four hours elapsed time.

Then near dinnertime I rolled out the pasta dough and cut tagliatelle. It cooked in a couple of minutes. Topped with the ragu and some shredded parm reg and I was in heaven.

IMG_0077.jpg

That does sound like quite a project, Andy, but the results must have been worth it. We, on the other hand, had absolutely no energy. I called the Chinese restaurant, Himself drove over to pick it up. We ate most of the Pu-Pu platter for two and called it supper.
IMG_20220519_211018883_HDR.jpg

We're in Michigan visiting Dan's dad. We went out for fish last night. All three of us had the perch dinner with salad. So good [emoji39]
20220519_192900.jpg

Back
Top Bottom