Thursday's Kitchen Chore?? 10/1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Ham & Cabbage ... and the Salad

Ham and Cabbage.jpg

Dinner was cast iron pan fried sirloin steak and mac and cheese (no picture).

I made mini lemon meringue pies and mini cherry pies for dessert.

mini_pies_100120_2_IMG_7231.JPG

mini_pies_100120_3_IMG_7233.jpg

Hozy's tonight........delivered to the car trunk.

What a menu.. spoiled rotten, and happy...

Sautéed Sea Scallops
Diver sea scallops, sautéed, topped with a tomato beurre blanc, served on crispy baguette slices

Stuffed Pink Calamari
Fresh calamari, stuffed with snow & king crab and a spicy creamy sauce, served with ginger sauce

Halibut Puttanesca
Pan seared local halibut, served over penne puttanesca, with tomatoes, capers, black olives, fresh basil, garlic and crushed chile pepper flakes

Fancy, Kayelle!

I grocery shopped and had no leftovers. *gasp* What was I thinking? Put the idea of take-out in my back pocket and made smothered baked potatoes. There really is a tater under all that broccoli, ham, and cheeses.

IMG_20201001_212940967.jpg

:) everyone's food looks and sounds great!

Very busy day today, but I had the where-with-all
to think ahead and set up my Teriyaki Chicken thighs,
Cucumber Kim Chee (or Kimchi, whatever) and a fresh
pot of steamed White Rice.
Found a new Furikake at TJ's which is just as good
as our ole' faithful standby, YAY!

IMG_6429.jpg

AND, dessert!

IMG_6417.jpg

Fresh Apple Galette with Vanilla Ice Cream
:yum:

I made some of my Roasted Root Vegi Bisque. I used carrots, rutabaga (or as my FIL called it, rutabugger), celeriac, onion, garlic, and a large cayenne pepper. I have never used fresh cayenne before, so I was cautious. I added bits of it to the pot until I got to the heat level I thought was good. It used about 3/4 of a 6-7 inch long pepper. I couldn't find a can of coconut milk, so I used water and creamed coconut. I added a bit of thyme and some salt. Oh my. That soup is so tasty and filling. I started with just that bowl of soup, then went back later for a smaller serving and some slices of chorizo and a dry Italian salami. As my husband would put it, "happy tummy".

Attachments

• IMG_20201001_193954.jpg
    IMG_20201001_193954.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_20201001_194007.jpg
    IMG_20201001_194007.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 80
We had palak aloo, which is an Indian dish made with potatoes and spinach, and then I fried some cod with a few spices in the flour..Not exactly what I set out to make but it was decent..

Back
Top Bottom