Tired of gardening?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not me! Anything that keeps me outdoors and getting activity makes me smile. Beats the cold winds of winter!!!

do three plants on my windowsill in my apartment count?...........only place that gets morning sunlight.......one basil from the UK is really happy there and so is the African Violet(I guess it's actually a Kazakhian Violet) given to me by a dear Russian friend, and a pitiable vestige of what should be another basil.........this thing has never prospered.. I think that it has a total of 6 leaves on it..at home I always had a garden going........esp. a nice herb and flower garden......I leave the veggies to my hubby.......

Well, we are through now. I woke up this week and wondered why I was sore, in spite of missing a couple of exercise classes. Hubby said, "You spent yesterday pulling plants out of the garden! Of course you are sore!" We are eating the last of the tomatoes. I really will not miss the autumn clean-up if I ever give up owning a home with a lot!

I just pulled a dozen "Amish Paste Tomatoes" off the bush. They aren't great eating raw kind of tomatoes, but make great sauce. BUT I've made more sauce than we can eat in a year, and have given away tons (I'm having the house painted and gave a huge bag away to one of our house painters!). I tore out my cucumber bushes because there was way too much, I've been accused of giving away cucumbers at the grocery store. I've frozen as much pesto, sauce, etc as my freezer can handle, and I think my neighbors hate to see me coming. This is only with a few square feet of garden. Enough is enough!

great tips. I enjoyed reading this

Moving from Ohio to the Pacific Northwest <PNW> presented a whole different set of gardening challenges like getting tomatoes to ripen. However when one door closes . . with a little planning and minimal winter protection it is possible to raise herbs and veggies year 'round. It is rather handy to have flat parsley, chives, rosemary, and fresh thyme to cook with during the holidays. Winter cole crops like Brussels srouts are amazing, sweet and nutty. The pleasant part of winter gardening is the slow pace of the plants.

Back
Top Bottom