Today's menu, 4/1/17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
... fresh Flat leaf Parsley (from my new pot garden :)) ...

003.JPG

Caseydog, you funny boy you!

This is one of those nights I wish I had taken a photo. I had some friends over for dinner, and it really turned out nicely. It was a gorgeous day, so I cooked everything on the grill. We had ribeye cap steak, fresh asparagus, and smoked eggplant-tomato salad. The salad was kind of a gamble. I had something similar in a restaurant recently and wanted to reproduce it. I think it actually turned out better than the restaurant's version.

Had trouble catching the felines, so I ended up with Italian sandwich, blueberry greek yogurt and some fresh berries.

This is one of those nights I wish I had taken a photo. I had some friends over for dinner, and it really turned out nicely. It was a gorgeous day, so I cooked everything on the grill. We had ribeye cap steak, fresh asparagus, and smoked eggplant-tomato salad. The salad was kind of a gamble. I had something similar in a restaurant recently and wanted to reproduce it. I think it actually turned out better than the restaurant's version.

I'd love the details on the salad Steve, and glad you had company for your meal. :chef:

I'd love the details on the salad Steve, and glad you had company for your meal. :chef:

Well, I had the leftovers for lunch today, so below is a photo of that.

Basically, for the salad I grilled a couple of thick sliced eggplants, two tomatoes, cut in half, and a couple of good sized slices of red onion. Everything was brushed with oil and lightly salted. Once the veggies were cooked through and charred a bit, I rough chopped them. I put the tomatoes in the blender with some EVOO, S&P, a clove of garlic, and red wine vinegar (I used quite a bit because I like vinegar). It didn't quite have enough smokiness for my taste, so I added a splash of liquid smoke. It was perfect. I tossed the vinaigrette with the chopped eggplant and onion and served it over the greens. It was delicious, and one of the few times I felt like liquid smoke actually brought something positive to the party.

img_1505654_0_0f3698c22001cc7913e384053ca85a4b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom