Tremendous stress/depression

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wish you the very best of luck staying off the booze and improving your life: its a hard choice, but surely worth it!

Hi MyLegsBig- I just read the entire thread and I can see by your responses that bit by bit you're doing a lot better.The advice that everyone has given you is so full of wisdom that I'm sure you're starting to see light at the end of that dark tunnel. The only thing that I have to add is this.I am a great believer in herbal medicine.Maybe instead of taking the chemical drugs to calm you, which can be detrimental to your liver, kidneys, etc., you could see a doctor of alternative medicine, to tell you what kind of herbal teas and such, would do the same job. Just keep up the good work. We're all rooting for you and I know with positive thinking and with strong will you'll pull yourself out of this debacle.!!!!!!

MLB - wow! I have not been on in a while - missed alot. I am sorry to hear what you are having to endure right now. After reading every post - it does appear that you are improving. Thats awesome! The advice on this thread is amazing! You are blessed to be surrounded by such a wonderful group of people. In the end - your family is worth any sacrifice - including liquor! Keep up the good work my friend!

Hope everything went well for you and your family on Thanksgiving Day. How are you holding up? I know it's not the easiest time right now but hold on, keep working through it and it will keep getting easier and easier the farther you get. Trust in yourself, you are your biggest friend. We here at DC are moral support, we can lift you mentally. You have to lift yourself physically. You can do it.

Without trying to sound pompous, that's the way it usually goes legs. Things will be up and down, and the downs can be deep. May I ask what happened?

Hey Legs; We're ready to help when you need us. Just give a shout. Remember, you can do this. Believe in yourself because we here at DC do!! It is a one day at time thing. Sometimes, one minute at a time is more like it but you'll do it, I have FAITH IN YOU!!!!!

There was a time not too long ago when I had considerable exposure to three crack addicted people in a face to face, heart to heart way. Some wanted to get off the stuff but could not because they would not accept any professional help, any help from the narcotic equivalent of AAA, any help from their families or anyone else. The three are today probably dead or in prison. I have no way of knowing about any of them but I'm certain that one of them is dead.

This is hard stuff be it alcohol or drugs. We want to help but can't. It sounds like our young acquaintance has crashed. There comes a time for tough love and this might be the time but none of us knows and other than the admitted recovering alcoholics none of us really can give much in the way of advice. We would like to be friends but in an impersonal forum such as this we can't.

I wish our young acquaintenance Legs all the best and that he reaches out to and accepts in his local community all the help he can find.

Last edited:
Now is not the time to give up. You've made some good progress. You need to push through this difficulty and when you arrive on the other side of it, you will be stronger for the next time things get rough. Life is never smooth sailing. You need to do it to prove to yourself that you can and to show you are serious about kicking this thing. Continue with the therapy and call someone you can talk to about it. We'll continue to pray for you too.

There is nothing I can add to the words of wisdom and sound advice already given. I just want to add my care and concern for you MLB at this very poignant time of year. ( And for anyone else suffering in this way) All I can add is that I have a friend who 'came through it' and if you have faith then believe that God can and will help you all. Your Mother included.
Hang in there.
img_517975_0_a4a73d279ec0a42f459522ff683fc3ef.jpg

Gee, Stacy--this was rather chilling to read. I hope for the best but I fear the worst.

May those with substance abuse problems stay strong and have a very sober (not dry) New Year!!!

I've thought of him so many times. I spoke to him quite a few times early in the year but he was really having a rough time and not doing well. The only number I had for him was his mother's and then suddenly it was disconnected and I never heard from him again. He's a lovely young man struggling with such terrible addictions and depression - I hope he he's still fighting the battle. But his health was very precarious at that point in his addiction and I fear the worst as well.

I struggle with my addictions every minute of every day.

On 12/15 I was taken by ambulance to the hospital due to my addictions. Here's to the new year and turning over a new leaf!

Back
Top Bottom