Tuesday 2024 April 16 meal time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taxlady

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I had a BLT on whole wheat toast. I cut the tomato in half at the equator and took out all the seeds. I baked the bacon in the oven and didn't nibble on all of it before making the sandwich. I couldn't find an open jar of pickles, so I substituted some "Hot Mixed Vegetables In Oil, Antipasto Calabrese" from a jar. I really enjoyed that meal.

BLT on whole wheat toast and  hot antipasto calabrese.jpg

I had some tomatoes that were slightly soft, so I slow roasted them in the oven. Costco has pretty decent cheese tortellini, which is done after 3 minutes of boiling. We added two tablespoons of pesto, a bit of garlic powder, the roasted tomatoes, fresh basil, parmesan cheese, olive oil, and fresh cracked pepper. It turned out better than I hoped - in fact, I would be willing to serve it to company.

20240416_184528.jpg

Had some of the taco meat that never got frozen. I love these little 'boats'. They keep forever, don't seem to need to be frozen, just keep seal them in a baggie, take what you need.
View attachment 68890 Had 2 or 3 of these, meat, cheese, tomato, napa lettuce leaf.
I’ve seen those and wondered if they are seasoned or if they have a neutral flavor.

I was thinking about them as a dessert cup.

1713358190447.jpeg

Very neutral flavour, well as far as a soft taco goes, I guess. You could probably bake them and add a dessert/salad... They are oval so keep that in mind. I find they are a lot less messy, easy to fill. Can still leak out but - t my mind- a lot neater. They are 2 bites for a big guy, 3 bites for me, 4 bites for being dainty (as long as the innards don't slop out too much.)

They also have them in large cones shapes too. Tried them once - they hold a lot, might be more popular with families. In my opinion, difficult to fill so as to get evenly distributes bites .

Back
Top Bottom