Tuesday, 30th January - what did you have?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KatyCooks

Head Chef
I had Braised, Smoked Cod Loin and Patatas Bravas. It did not lack flavour!
Cod and Patatas Bravas.jpg

Barber Foods chicken Kiev with homemade rice pilaf. They were decent, although coating was a tiny bit gritty and sandy, but we'd eat again. I'd buy 2 packages though because they were quite small. One was enough for me, but not Craig.

20240130_182146.jpg

What did you do with the carnitas? Okay, I'm carnivore enough that I would happily sit down and eat a bowl of carnitas, but I would usually have them with something else.

Traditionally, you would serve them in a big bowl, with tortillas on the side, and eat them like tacos. Rice beans and veggies as side dishes. One would not load up the tacos gringo style, with lettuce, cheese, pico, sour cream and other nonsense. Meat and tortilla.

CD

Leftover BB ribs again tonight. I finished them off.

We have fantastic weather right now, sunny and 70s by day. I need to cook out while I can.

CD

Traditionally, you would serve them in a big bowl, with tortillas on the side, and eat them like tacos. Rice beans and veggies as side dishes. One would not load up the tacos gringo style, with lettuce, cheese, pico, sour cream and other nonsense. Meat and tortilla.

CD
Haha, yeah, guilty as charged. I added some corriander, cumin, orange peel and garlic to the meat with water I used, so not traditional right from the get go, then using corn tortillas I added a squeeze of lime some jalapeno and a little cilantro. Mexican food was pretty much non existent in the Toronto area growing up, so that is my excuse. Regardless after I doused them in their own fat after the initial cooking and set them under the broiler for a crust, they were delicious. :giggle:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom