Vegemite banned

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just to make it difficult.
Ive never heard of marmite.

It almost looks like molasses.
Could that be it?

it ressembles it in appearance, but that`s as far as it goes.

have you ever done a beef roast and seen the dark brown mollases type material left in the pan? ever tasted that?
that`s very similar to Marmite :)
it`s Salty to taste, but that doesn`t do it justice as a single word.

You used to be able to get Vegemite in little spread packets (they looked like those plastic pats of butter) at Outback Steakhouse. I guess you can't anymore.

I never cared for the stuff myself.

Ive never eaten there. I know of it. I get discounts there because it's owned by Cara foods along with Montanas, Swiss Chalet, Harveys, Milestones, and Second Cup.

Gobo, Outback is not as good as the Keg, don't bother. And did I hear you say you get discounts at SECOND CUP!! Wanna be my new best friend? LOL.

Oops, sorry to hijack. Back to the vegemite chat. :sick:

h_companyinformation.gif
OSI Restaurant Partners Inc., headquartered in Tampa, Florida was founded in 1988 by those who believe in hospitality, sharing, quality, being courageous and having fun! OSI Restaurant Partners Inc. is a company of restaurants that owns and operates Outback Steakhouse units throughout the U.S. as well as Carrabba's Italian Grill, Lee Roy Selmon's, Cheeseburger in Paradise and Bonefish Grill. The Company also operates through joint venture agreements and existing franchise agreements additional Outback restaurants (including International locations), additional Carrabba's Italian Grill locations, Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar and Blue Coral Seafood & Spirits. OSI Restaurant Partners Inc. also has a joint venture development relationship with Roy Yamaguchi, the chef and creator of Roy's Restaurants located in Hawaii, the U.S., and Japan.

Alix said:
Gobo, Outback is not as good as the Keg, don't bother. And did I hear you say you get discounts at SECOND CUP!! Wanna be my new best friend? LOL.

Oops, sorry to hijack. Back to the vegemite chat. :sick:

Sure. :P

I had calamari the first time at the keg.

Maybe I'll try vegemite.
I dunno if Ill like it. But I'm open minded when It comes to food. Otherwise I wouldn't know how many foods I don't like. :D

YT2095 said:
BTW, isn`t Folic acid extremely good for you also? in fact here in the UK, all pregnant women are Given this to take during pregnancy. I don`t see what the big deal is in all honesty????.

It's kind of like our ridiculous cheese laws. Everything here is pasteurized until its dead in as many ways as possible.:sick: :sick:

:huh: So adding folate to food is banned by the FDA because of birth defects, etc except in breads and cereals? :wacko: Alcohol causes birth defects. The laws here are just bizarre sometimes.

I've heard that vegamite is very:yuk: if you aren't used to it. But it's really popular in Australia.

Just on the Outback Steakhouse.

We ate there when we were over there. This one was in Washington somewhere.

Anyway, we had some nice steaks with seasonal vegetables. After all the take away food we had been eating whilst on holidays we were hungry for some good old fashioned veggies. Out comes the steaks, with a pile of Brocoli. No other veggies were seasonal apparently.

Vegemite is awesome. You can't have too much of it though, a thin smear on toast is nice. Get it too thick and you can't taste anything else. It's definately a unique taste.

Back
Top Bottom