What are you planning now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, I really am. There are times when I ask myself why, but I still love it. I especially love bringing totally different and -- well, sometimes downright strange -- people together. Everywhere I've lived ... and that's a lot of places ... people have asked me how I got such an unusual collection of friends. I love it, I love them, and I enjoy bringing everyone together.

The latest was last Saturday. I have an arthritic friend and a blind one (they live together) who I read for a couple times a week. Then every couple of months a group of us get together and bring dinner & drinks up to them for a small party. We usually theme it (this time was Med/Middle East). Luckily these ladies have not lost their sense of adventure when it comes to food (or for that matter, literature!) so we all get to try out new ethnic recipes.

We have a tea party this month, but also are giving birthday parties to two friends who are in nursing homes - one is turning 99. the other is 86. My only job is punch and cups and a small present. (actually all this is for July). It is amazing how much these people enjoy the company and the attention. Wish we could do it for more of them.

Just Finished Family Reunion

We Invited My Fil's Side To Our Lake House At The Lake Of The
Ozarks. 26 People For 4 Days It Was Fun But Very Tiring.

We Started Planning This Reunion In January We Thought It
Would Be Nice To Have Each Family Make A Dinner, Or Breakfast It Worked
Out Well. I Also Think When Folks Help It Makes Them Feel
More At Home.

We Had Lots Of Fun Maybe To Much Fun. I Am Just Starting To Feel
Back To Normal. The Reunion Was 10 Days Ago

My Family Did The First Night And I Helped With The 2nd Night With My Sil. First Night We Did Smoked Brisket, Baked Beans, Cheezy Corn
Bake And Slaw. Very Good. The Next Night We Did Mexican
Casseroles And Tamales, Rice Beans And All The Fixens.

We Did Not Sign Up For Breakfast Knew Better We Knew It
Would Be Late Nights And All Day In The Sun We Would Not
Get Up.

With Everyones Help You Wouldn't Think It Would Be So Tiring
But Hosting It All Realy Is Alot Of Work Making Sure Everything
Goes Well.

We Might Host For 4th Of July Not Sure Yet I Guess We Better
Get On The Ball If We Are Going To It Is The 28th Today.

Oh And I Do Agree Hosting Gets Pretty Costly Can't Do It All The
Time. It Is Nice When Someone Else Hosts.

Back
Top Bottom