What are your plans for bringing in 2014?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mrs Hoot's grandson's birthday is on the 31st (He will be 24). I reckon we will toast him and Harry (and anyone else that warrants it). I reckon I will toast with coffee, seein's as I am the DD these days. Dodged too many bullets in my time, I simply cannot afford to drive while impaired. I saw what it cost my best friend a couple of years ago.
We will, however, be back at Casa de Hoot earlier than everyone else would like.
There will be bourbon waiting.
Might pick up some oysters....maybe a few shrimp for the grill. Ain't settled on that just yet.

i
then back to manchester to see in the new year/my 61st b'day & parteeeeee as frank gallagher in "shameless" would say.gotta say,his parties do tend to bear more that a passing resemblance to mine:rolleyes:!!
Loving that show right now.....Have a good'un....

My plans may have taken a hit. My daughter is planning on going to her first drinking party on New Years Eve. I don't want to be 1 1/2 hours away getting pickled myself, so I may stay closer to home.

Last edited:
Loving that show right now.....Have a good'un....

My plans may have taken a hit. My daughter is planning on going to her first drinking party on New Years Eve. I don't want to be 1 1/2 hours away getting pickled myself, so I may stay closer to home.
cheers rock!same to you mate:)!shameless?watched both the uk & american versions.both brilliant.gotta say i prefer the uk version.bit more "gritty" shall we say and,as my voluntary work takes me into that part of manchester,i can vouch for it's accuracy...sheesh,that's one rough part of town,mate:rolleyes:!!

Last edited:
Hey!!! New Year's Eve is on the 31st...talk about a blonde or senior moment (week). I can party as much as I want that night. It's the night of the 1st I have to behave...

Best wishes for a speedy recovery from your surgery, Princess. :wub:

Bringing in the New Year will be quiet for me, as usual. Once in a while I stay up till after midnight to see some fireworks, but not very often. :mellow::LOL:

Well, we here in the Boston area are expecting some very, very cold weather. So those folks who are planning on going out to celebrate, good luck to them. Bundle up.

We have a First Night parade that starts somewhere around 4 p.m. It is mostly for the kids. It gives them a chance to dress up and celebrate with the adults.

Then at 8 p.m. the adults start to celebrate and our transportation system will be free for the night. Less drunks on the road. I will be staying home and NOT be watching the festivities around the nation. :angel:

Addie, we're expecting highs just over 0 F and lows around -15 F. I do not want to be out in that if I don't have to, and I don't have to.

:angel:

We'll be vegging at our daughter's place, probably with our son, while she heads over to a friend's place to watch tv and relax. Quiet night since we'll be heading home probably Friday. *sigh* Sure wish we lived back home already.

We are not having a new year's day open house this year. For the first time since forever I plan to watch the Rose Bowl parade in my jammies.

We decided we will make a pot of sloppy joes, chips, veggies, dips for those who we know will drop by to watch college bowl games.

Jr/ GF are going out NYE. While I know they are responsible, it's those other crazies I get concerned.

NY eve we are staying in , watching movies.

We settled on making marinated pineapple teriyaki chicken skewers, rice, a simple salad and some munchies. No need to even go to the store for anything.

Happy New Year!

A bottle of Moscato d'Asti and movies, until I go to sleep. I do still need to show up to work, at some point, on New Year's Day.

Do any of you know how long a bottle of unopened champagne, that has been under constant refrigeration, will last?

I have two 375ML bottles of Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin that have been in the refrigerator since 2005 and this year I have decided to drink them or dump them.

Which should it be, keep in mind that you are dealing with someone that will eat potatoes that have been left out all night! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Do any of you know how long a bottle of unopened champagne, that has been under constant refrigeration, will last?

I have two 375ML bottles of Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin that have been in the refrigerator since 2005 and this year I have decided to drink them or dump them.

Which should it be, keep in mind that you are dealing with someone that will eat potatoes that have been left out all night! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Have they turned to vinegar yet? How many of your friends have champagne vinegar? :angel:

provided that the bottles were kept at a constant temperature & stored horizontally,so that the corks don't dry out,champers will keep for ever(well,almost).bottoms up,they'll be fine,auntie!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom