What Can I Do With Leftover Meatloaf?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Use it for hot roast beef sandwiches: heat thick slices of meatloaf, place on top of slices of Texas Toast, top with mashed potatoes and gravy.

Andy M. said:
Or cold meatloaf sandwiches with mayo, salt and pepper.

THIS is why I make meatloaf to begin with. Perhaps a little sliced onion. On white bread, if possible.

Lee

Break it up in a pan, and cook with additional chopped onion, chopped red and yellow sweet bell pepper, a good green, chopped hallepnio, some chili powder, cumin, cilantro, and a splash of your favorite hot sauce. No you have something to fill those flour or corn tortillas laying in the refrigerator drawer.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Meatloaf sandwiches, I agree, but I like them warm with toasted bread and ketchup.

Fry slices of meatloaf for breakfast with eggs OR make a chef's salad for lunch ~ lettuce, cubes of meatloaf, crumbled blue cheese, feta, or your choice, tomatoes, sliced red onion, hard cooked egg, any left over veggie like green beans, broccoli, beets, carrots, etc. Add your favorite dressing and don't forget the garlic bread!!

Like some of you, I love meatloaf sandwiches. I have to have mine cold, definitely on cheap white bread! I like a little Miracle Whip and ketchup on mine, and I have to have dill pickle slices on it. It's funny, my mom liked ketchup on her hot meat loaf and not on her sandwiches, and I like it on my sandwiches but not on my hot meatloaf.

:) Barbara

meatloaf sandwiches come in every variety...classics are mentioned above ... do it gourmet with an herb aioli and micro greens with a slice of swiss, or go all american with a hot grinder...chunk meatloaf, put in sub roll, top with spicy tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese and broil till gooey! yum

Cold meatloaf sandwiches with ketchup and mayo.
Isn't there some kind of law that says you HAVE
to eat these ????

We serve our leftover meatloaf this way: Break it up into a pan. Add a layer of canned corn then, mashed potatoes...then topping with cheddar cheese. Bake.

Back
Top Bottom