What can I do with this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LeeManuel

Assistant Cook
It's coming to an end here in my fridge. The ingredients are getting low and I desperately need to go grocery shopping. I just dont FEEL like it. It's such a mission because I literally go to 3-4 places in a day. Im pretty sure I can stretch out lunch and breakfast for another day or two. But, I'm completely stumped for dinner tomorrow night. I figured I could get a little inspiration from people here. And I have a whole 24 hours to figure it out. Listed below are the main ingredients I want to use because I dont want to waste them:

Spinach
Sweet potatoes
Mushrooms

I also have(and dont care if it gets used or not tomorrrow):

red lentils
a myriad of spices
garlic and onions
black beans and garbanzos
greek yogurt
lemons and limes
quinoa and couscous
garbanzo flour

There's also some other random stuff but it's too time consuming to list. If you have an idea and I dont have it, i'll leave it out or sub it.

Anyone got any bright ideas? Ive been wanting to make some creamed spinach with the greek yogurt but my brain is just refusing to help me pair something else with it. I don't have to have creamed spinach, it was just one idea. Also, I'd like this to be vegetarian. Well, it must. There is no meat left in the house, lol.

It's coming to an end here in my fridge. The ingredients are getting low and I desperately need to go grocery shopping. I just dont FEEL like it. It's such a mission because I literally go to 3-4 places in a day. Im pretty sure I can stretch out lunch and breakfast for another day or two. But, I'm completely stumped for dinner tomorrow night. I figured I could get a little inspiration from people here. And I have a whole 24 hours to figure it out. Listed below are the main ingredients I want to use because I dont want to waste them:

Spinach
Sweet potatoes
Mushrooms

I also have(and dont care if it gets used or not tomorrrow):

red lentils
a myriad of spices
garlic and onions
black beans and garbanzos
greek yogurt
lemons and limes
quinoa and couscous
garbanzo flour

There's also some other random stuff but it's too time consuming to list. If you have an idea and I dont have it, i'll leave it out or sub it.

Anyone got any bright ideas? Ive been wanting to make some creamed spinach with the greek yogurt but my brain is just refusing to help me pair something else with it. I don't have to have creamed spinach, it was just one idea. Also, I'd like this to be vegetarian. Well, it must. There is no meat left in the house, lol.

Peel sweet potatoes, cut into chunks, and boil till done. (Can also roast them). Saute garlic and onion in oil. Add spinach and mushrooms and Indian spices, such as ginger, turmeric, curry powder, garam masala, etc. After everything is cooked, mix in the sweet potatoes until well heated, then stir in the yogurt. Can also add cooked chickpeas/garbanzo beans. Serve over couscous or rice.

Last edited:
how about veggie stuffed skins and potato mash?

nuke or bake (preferred) the sweet potatoes until just soft, then cut in hslf lengthwise and scoop out the flesh, reserving both the skins and flesh seperately.

next, in oil or butter, saute thin sliced onions and quartered mushrooms until just getting soft, then add minced garlic and and saute a minute or two more.sprinkle with a good amount of s&p, then add the spinach, toss, and saute just another minute until the spinach wilts.

stir in an equal amount of prepared quinoa to the spinach mixture.

stuff the skins with the spinach/quinoa mixture, top with shredded cheese if you have any, and bake until cheese melts. if no cheese, just drizzle a little more butter or oil on top, some more s&p, and bake at 450 until crisp.

while doing this, mash the sweet potato flesh with butter, honey, cumin, allspice, garlic and onion powders, and s&p.

serve the potato mash alongside the stuffed skins.

btw, bacon would really help.

jus'sayin...:chef:

Last edited:
Have you any eggs and cheese. What about the creamed spinach with a couple of poached eggs and grated cheese on top and browned under the grill (sorry, broiler). Some good bread and butter and fruit to follow?

I suggest eggs and cheese like above poster. Yesterday I made cooked drained spinach mixed with fried onions, garlic, cheeses/yogurt, spices, a few eggs and baked

Those are all great IDEAS!!! Ive decided to sort of use Merstar's idea.... Except..... Im making veggie curry flatbread!!! Garbanzo flour flatbread with a curry sauce and the veggies!!! Thank's for the inspiration Merstar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those are all great IDEAS!!! Ive decided to sort of use Merstar's idea.... Except..... Im making veggie curry flatbread!!! Garbanzo flour flatbread with a curry sauce and the veggies!!! Thank's for the inspiration Merstar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're very welcome! Your veggie curry flatbread sounds great - Let us know how it turns out!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom