What does this mean?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sparkly77

Cook
We have an Elvis DVD, and at the end of "Are you lonesome tonight" in the '68 Comeback special, Elvis and an audience member say "My poor, my poor, my poor"....well that's what it sure sounds like.

Is that a common phrase over in America? If so, what does it mean? I'm just curious :)

are you sure that's what they are saying?
could it be, "encore....." ?
oh i suppose not if elvis is saying it too.
I dunno.

That's weird... saying "my poor" alone is nothing significant unless it's something regional. I could see it used only in a sentence as in "My poor Aunt Gertrude didn't win 1st prize for her pie at the county fair." Otherwise, no clue...

That's weird... saying "my poor" alone is nothing significant unless it's something regional. I could see it used only in a sentence as in "My poor Aunt Gertrude didn't win 1st prize for her pie at the county fair." Otherwise, no clue...

Or..... :ermm:
I left my poor peanut butter and banana sandwich in the bathroom.
:LOL:
I'm sorry :rolleyes:

Okay Sparkly, I pulled out my DVD and watched the clip. What you hear is the phrase "My boy, my boy, my boy" and one of the band members says it back to him. This phrase means something along the lines of "oh man." It is not a common phrase anymore and I think it is more of a southern phrase too. HTH and Long Live the King!

BTW DH impersonated Elvis at a church variety show. We love Elvis at our house.:cool:

Okay Sparkly, I pulled out my DVD and watched the clip. What you hear is the phrase "My boy, my boy, my boy" and one of the band members says it back to him. This phrase means something along the lines of "oh man." It is not a common phrase anymore and I think it is more of a southern phrase too. HTH and Long Live the King!

BTW DH impersonated Elvis at a church variety show. We love Elvis at our house.:cool:

:clap: Yay, thank you! I was so curious and had a feeling that someone here would have the song on DVD too ;)

Long live the King!

Back
Top Bottom