What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Toast with fig jam, an orange and herb tea.

I get the jam from a specialty store next to where I buy DH's gluten free bread. It is mostly figs ground up with a tiny bit of sugar. They make it fresh and it is delicious cold on warm buttered toast!

An English Muffin (In England they don't know what that is:ermm:) A piece of cold fried catfish, some cantaloupe, and a whole sliced d'mater...Coffee & Chicory

watermelon triangles, cottage cheese w/chives. what i really wanted though was a tomato biscuit with huge, luscious, ripe, beefsteak tomato slices like the one uncle bob pictured earlier this month. can't get those tomatoes out of my mind....

I experimented to make a baked pancake with peaches. It came out pretty good, but I'll stick to using real brown sugar next time over brown sugar Splenda. It only takes a tablespoon for the entire thing. Here is the picture.

Attachments

• Dutch Pancake w Peaches.jpg
    Dutch Pancake w Peaches.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 217
I experimented to make a baked pancake with peaches. It came out pretty good, but I'll stick to using real brown sugar next time over brown sugar Splenda. It only takes a tablespoon for the entire thing. Here is the picture.

goodness, just what i needed - another irresistible food image to lust after!

Last edited by a moderator:
This morning I am having blueberry waffles with Quebec maple syrup, bacon, eggs, hash browns, coffee, and mimosas made with Cook's California champagne

Oh Kathleen...that looks really good!

We had over medium eggs, hash browns, sliced tomatoes and homemade honey wheat toast.

A strange concoction I baked last night that included oatmeal, ground flax, raisins, choc chips, yogurt cheese, honey, leftover strawberry puree, chopped almonds, cinnamon, a few other things. Turned out surprisingly good. Cut into bars and froze some.

A strange concoction I baked last night that included oatmeal, ground flax, raisins, choc chips, yogurt cheese, honey, leftover strawberry puree, chopped almonds, cinnamon, a few other things. Turned out surprisingly good. Cut into bars and froze some.

That sounds good! Could you post the actual recipe?

Kathleen said:
That sounds good! Could you post the actual recipe?

Can try. The inspiration came from Mary on a Cheerios website. I totally bastardized it

Cheerios bars with stuff

1 ½ cups Honeynut Cheerios
1 cup oatmeal
¾ cup dried cherries or craisins or raisins-whatever you want
½ cup flour
1/3 cup of flax seed, ground (I use a coffee grinder)
1/2 cup yogurt cheese (optional) or yogurt
1/4 cup strawberry puree (optional) I have also used apple butter.
1/3 cup nuts-almonds-any kind of nuts (I chopped almonds)
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional)
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 egg whites (or the refridgerated egg whites, or an egg)
1/3 cup honey or more
¼ cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons vege oil

The original had granola instead of the Cheerios, you could use original Cheerios or whatever you have on hand. I kinda cleaned out the fridge and used whatever I could find.

Mix well. Spread in 9x13 greased baking dish. Bake at 350 for 25 mins, or until they look done. Cool and cut into squares. These freeze well.

This continues to be a work in progress. Amounts and ingredients are always subject to change in our house.

Last edited:
Kathleen said:
Thanks! I may have just stumbled on what I will make to take on a boat this weekend! :flowers:

Good luck! Hope they turn out! Have been snacking on them all day. I also turned off the oven and let them sit in it for awhile as my oven bakes low.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom