What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What is Contintal Toast? :angel:

It is Continental bread, toasted :)

Continental bread is just different types of Italian breads, nice and crusty on the outside and usually soft and fluffy on the inside...but can also have a spongier texture...oh and usually white bread...but you can get ryes and wholemeals

Continental bread is just different types of Italian breads, nice and crusty on the outside and usually soft and fluffy on the inside...but can also have a spongier texture...oh and usually white bread...but you can get ryes and wholemeals

We call that Artisan Bread. :angel:

Oh yes, I know of Artisan bread, but have never heard it called that here...so they certainly like us to have different names in different countries dont they

We have what we call a Continental breakfast, with European breads and rolls with butter, soft cheeses and jams. I suppose Continental bread/toast has the same word origin.

This morning I finished off the last of the "white chili" from the freezer. I had done some substituting -- instead of white beans I had used red kidney beans. The meat was ground turkey, and for the chili kick, a small can of green chilis. The result was olive-drab colored with those brown beans and honestly looked like something you wouldn't feed a cat. But, boy, was it ever good! :chef:

We have what we call a Continental breakfast, with European breads and rolls with butter, soft cheeses and jams. I suppose Continental bread/toast has the same word origin.

Yes, we too have the Continental breakfast, I would say the word came from that :)

A pair of poached eggs, from teh poaching pan, lightly seasoned with salt, yolks - runny, white-firm, but not too firm. My favorite eggs, no bread or anything else needed. Eat all of the white, leaving the yolk intact. Carefully lift the yolk, pot it in the mouth, and get of gush of yummy flavor, same with the second egg.:mrgreen: Second favorite, take the same eggs, mash them on buttered toast, enjoy.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom