What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tried an experiment that didn't work. I often have organic poached egg on grain toast, using an egg poacher. I recently read about using a tea strainer as an egg holder, i.e. placing this into the water. I obviously needed a bigger strainer since could not get all the egg white in there. It sort of worked but not well. (I know about just dropping the egg into the water).

However, I realised that what I really like is the taste of a raw egg yolk, so next time will try just poaching the egg white in my egg poacher and having the luxury of the raw egg yolk oozing over buttered bread!

Can't remember the last time I had breakfast. Yeah, I know. It is the most important meal of the day. But I don't eat lunch either. :angel:

you're a pretty cheap date, addie. ;)

So true bt. I always order the smallest thing on the menu. And I am a very slow eater also. I hate going out to a restaurant. By the time I get to near end of my meal, the rest of the folks are out ofnthe sidewalk hailing a cab. I have no appetite at all. I never cook a veggie, side and a piece of meat for a whole meal. A lot of times I will just steam a bowl of broccoli and put butter on it. Fills me right up. :angel:

nothing wrong with just eating healthy until you're full. :)

my dad turned 91 this summer, and he often mentions that he attributes living so long in part to just eating a couple of bowls of veggies for a meal.

today's breakfast was a ham sandwich and utz's no salt added potato chips.

and snapple diet peach iced tea.

20140902_091529.jpg

nothing wrong with just eating healthy until you're full. :)

my dad turned 91 this summer, and he often mentions that he attributes living so long in part to just eating a couple of bowls of veggies for a meal.

I do not want to live that long. My job is done. All my kids are self supporting. My girlfriends father in Atlanta is 99 now and he still goes to work every day. He is still raving about my Hershey's chocolate cake. :angel:

I do not want to live that long. My job is done. All my kids are self supporting. My girlfriends father in Atlanta is 99 now and he still goes to work every day. He is still raving about my Hershey's chocolate cake. :angel:
Nor do I. My grandmother lived to be almost 100 (died the day before her 100th birthday). All her friends were gone, her siblings, her husband. She was no longer interested in reading or knitting or crocheting. She was very lonely the last 10 years of her life while waiting to die.

This morning's breakfast was garden-harvest skillet (cabbage, tomatoes, Swiss chard, corn, black beans, salsa) topped with two poached eggs and more salsa.

Today's breakfast was a bit different.

Two poached eggs, a side of cabbage and grated carrot (kind of an oil and vinegar slaw), a side of "naked oats" (love!) with Swiss Chard and a side of lentils with mushrooms and chives. i'm trying to incorporate more beans and lentils in my diet. Yesterday it was 1.5 cups of black beans, today lentils. Tomorrow...chickpeas?

What did you have for breakfast?

12 Best Foods For Lowering Cholesterol | ActiveBeat

SO made a cinnamon and sugar banana bread yesterday, I had that for breakfast topped with a little bit of butter.

Bit of a botched chorizo and tomato omelette. The chorizo must have been a bit inferior since, even on a very low heat it started to burn quickly (sugars?) whilst releasing its oils. Won't be buying that chorizo again!

Found some frozen baked beans in the freezer. Added some fresh tomatoes, hot banana peppers, swiss chard, srirachi, sweet peppers and poached two eggs on top.

Two fried eggs on top of a mountain of steamed kale, topped with homemade salsa, a side of savoury oatmeal (added some turkey gravy I found in the freezer to the water...yummy) and a glass of fresh-pressed apple cider.

Am I the only one eating breakfast lately? Yesterday's breakfast was two fried eggs (fried in duck fat), a mountain of steamed methi (love it--and it is supposed to help reduce cholesterol levels), a side of farro. I dressed the farro and methi with the juice of one lime and lots of freshly ground pepper. Man, was that good. Think I'll have the same today, only today's eggs will be poached. Can only afford to indulge in fried eggs every once and awhile...sigh.

Back
Top Bottom