What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have you ever tried Lactaid, K-Girl? A friend of mine in OH has been using it for ages and swears by it.

I have!
Our Niece-In-Law and her two boys are lactose intolerant and I had an 'attack' while visiting them a whiles back.
She told me to try it just before our evening cocktail and cheese platter and it worked great.
But DANG!!
They're expensive and have a short shelf life I noticed, and dairy doesn't bother me every time.
If I'm judicious with it, spread it out over a period of time, say dairy only once a week or so, I'm usually okay.
Eggs do the same thing to me, but not all of the time.

So, do you replace the tablespoon of anise with a tablespoon of vanilla?
And what book is that? It looks like its been around for a while

The book is: "1,000 Italian Recipes" by Michele Scicolone .
Yes I subbed anise for vanilla. You can flavor with any extract. For instance;
Orange extract pair's with cranberry, Any combo you like.

Using up stuff breakfast: Hot open turkey on burger buns... on a paper plate. :chef: :yum:

Attachments

• 0215190954c.jpg
    0215190954c.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
I've gotten into a ham, egg and cheese on a hamburger bun sandwich thing lately. I got some good Boar's Head Black Forest Ham on sale last week, and it fries up nicely. Not as good a PORK ROLL, but pretty good.

CD

Rolled out at 4:30, and by 7:00 I was famished !

Philly Omelet (three Eggs, 'Steak-umms', Cheeze-Whiz), Boiled Reds and Buttered Grits...

Philly Omelet,Grits.jpg

i've gotten into a ham, egg and cheese on a hamburger bun sandwich thing lately. I got some good boar's head black forest ham on sale last week, and it fries up nicely. Not as good a pork roll, but pretty good.

Cd

taylor_ham.jpg

I have a breakfast rotation. Onion bagels, oatmeal, various muffins, eggs (with our without potato and a meat) and cold cereals. Today I'll have oatmeal flavored with apricot jam.

I had a few Shrimps left from last night's Dish, so this A.M. I chopped three up with two left for presentation, and attempted the Warden's favorite Cape May Breakfast..... Three-Cheese Omelet with Cheesy Shrimp 'n Grits...... Did it well ; Only things missing were her Toasted Potato Roll and the Mimosa's....

IMG_7311.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom