What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am glad to see that so many people still eat pie for breakfast!

I had a slice of blackberry from a bootleg baker at the farmers market! :ermm::ohmy::ROFLMAO:

We just got back from mom's from celebrating labor day weekend. We had her homemade sweetbreads with fruit & coffee.

I had a cup or so of blueberries to use up, so I made blueberry pancakes to freeze. I ended up having one of them for breakfast along with a couple of mandarins.

SB, do you mean the glandular kind or the kind that would be muffins, nut bread, or other "sweet" baking? I sure hope it was the latter. :)
Glazed lemon poppy seed bread & banana bread too. it always seems to taste better when mom makes it. : )

Glazed lemon poppy seed bread & banana bread too. it always seems to taste better when mom makes it. : )

My sister always loved lemon poppyseed bread. I always had a jar of thinly sliced lemons cooked in a simple syrup until the riinds were soft. When the loafs had cooled I would poke a couple of holes in the top and allow some of the syrup to soak into the loaf. Then I would place a few of the slices across the top. Come to think of it, I just might make some for the church fair this year along with the cranberry/pumpkin loaves. :angel:

I had half an wheat English muffin that I made yesterday with butter and S/f blackberry jam and a cuppa and a bowl of cream of Wheat.
kades

I have been on a French toast kick. My daughter went to a B & B where after they dipped the bread into the "custard" dip, they dipped it into uncooked oats. Wow! It is mah-va-lous!

Back
Top Bottom