What have you had for lunch lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Since I went shopping this morning I was going to buy a small loaf of bread. But the idea of it, just didn't cut it. So I skipped that. But I did get some delicious salami thick ends. So I have been knoshing on them throughout the day. Now I am sorry I didn't get the bread. A nice grilled cheese and salami sandwich would have been nice. I would have just cut off the crust. Maybe tomorrow. I wish I could like bread. There are so many sandwiches that sound good. I think I will take a hint from another DCer. I should get some corn tortillas and use them for sandwiches. A couple of warmed tortillas with some melted cheese and salami slices. Mmmmm. :angel:

Since I went shopping this morning I was going to buy a small loaf of bread. But the idea of it, just didn't cut it. So I skipped that. But I did get some delicious salami thick ends. So I have been knoshing on them throughout the day. Now I am sorry I didn't get the bread. A nice grilled cheese and salami sandwich would have been nice. I would have just cut off the crust. Maybe tomorrow. I wish I could like bread. There are so many sandwiches that sound good. I think I will take a hint from another DCer. I should get some corn tortillas and use them for sandwiches. A couple of warmed tortillas with some melted cheese and salami slices. Mmmmm. :angel:

Gee that sounds nice Addie..I love salami, especially on pizza :yum:

The salami and cheese grilled sounds nice too :)

I had nothing for lunch today. Really busy at work, and didn't get the chance. Man was I hungry at supper time.

I had nothing for lunch today. Really busy at work, and didn't get the chance. Man was I hungry at supper time.
I know the feeling well. Lunch is always a busy time for me too. Only the slow days work for lunch.

I know the feeling well. Lunch is always a busy time for me too. Only the slow days work for lunch.

When I was part of the working world, I too would work through my lunch time. Then one day I overheard a supervisor make the remark, "Oh give it to Adele. She doesnt' mind giving up her own time." From that day on, I always took my lunch hour and entitled breaks whether I wanted to or not. I never gave my entitled free time to the company again. No matter where I worked. I always got along with all the people, no matter what company I was working for. But that remark brought me up short. I started to look around me and I noticed that the supervisors would take advantage of any employee that was afraid to speak up. It made them look good. As a temp worker I could get away with a lot of stuff. Like speaking up. The company couldn't fire me. All they could do was tell my agency that they no longer needed my services. I had completed my assignment.

My agency received a lot of requests from companies that I had been assigned to if they could have me back. So when they were told that I was no longer needed, they knew it wasn't my fault. The company had violated the rules of what they could ask of me. I loved doing temp work. I got to see how a lot of companies worked. And I learned a lot about different products and how they were made. I did temp work for more than 20 years. :angel:

For lunch today we had a variety of sandwiches with lots of different fillings and a big glass of Iced Coffee :)

Crockpot pulled pork loin from yesterday. It's quickly disappearing, I may have to make more....

Last edited:
1/2 of a crustless ham & swiss sandwich with a couple oof carrot sticks, broccoli florets & a few chips with a side of ranch.

1 slice of crustless honey wheat bread with ham & swiss cheese with yellow mustard.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom