What have you/will you be eating Tuesday 3/20/2018?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Coffee Yogurt for breakfast.
Last of the corned beef for lunch.
Possibly chicken for dinner, but who knows.

Last edited:
I'm doing our corned beef today. I will do crispy smashed potatoes and glazed carrots as sides to the corned beef.

Sick Kid here at home , so she wanted chips for dinner, lightly salted chips and creme fraiche, I found a rotisserie chicken for cheap, so it became chicken, chips, veggies and the kid ate a lot at last.

A banana, grapes, a slice of toasted rye, and coffee for breakfast.

A bowl of Progresso lentil soup for lunch (that stuff is pretty darn good, IMO), with a few saltines.

A steamed artichoke and potato salad will be dinner. :yum:

We had linner (late lunch time dinner) out at
one of our new faves here in Cowboyville.
It's actually one of those up-scale, groovy
kinda joints that Mister&Missus Landlord
recommended to us when we first moved here
egads!
THREE years ago!
It started out as a liquor store that expanded
to serve food, and now has all assortments
of booze AND cigars, with separate patio to
sit and enjoy all of the above if you so wish.

But I digress ...
Linner--- 12" Cheese Pizza baked in a Wood Fired
Brick Oven (the only one in this tiny town), Wood Fired
Soft Pretzel (don't tell the folks in `Philly, but it's BETTER)
with Beer Cheese and house-made Mustard for dipping,
a small house salad consisting of Spring Greens,
Heirloom Baby, Tomatoes, Cucumbers,
Red Onions and roasted Red Beets and Fried Calamari.
We shared much of our feast between the two of us
(no Squid for DH) and could not finish all!
So, should DH say "What's for dinner" --- going look in the
`fridge, you'll find something to munch on, I'm sure.

Sick Kid here at home , so she wanted chips for dinner, lightly salted chips and creme fraiche, I found a rotisserie chicken for cheap, so it became chicken, chips, veggies and the kid ate a lot at last.

A good appetite is a good sign of recovery with a sick kid.

I was working in one of the "rich and trendy" areas of Dallas yesterday, and stopped in at an Einstein's Bros Bagels store and bought a baker's dozen of their tasty bagels.

So, tonight, I'm eating bagels. Ham and cheese on an "Everything" bagel, and butter on a hot cinnamon raisin bagel for dessert.

CD

My Tues. "Lunch Bunch" group went to a very cool Irish Pub in the next town over. I ordered the "Grown up Grilled Cheese". It was perfection with thick sliced buttered and grilled white bread containing sharp cheddar cheese, smoked Gouda, a tomato slice and several slices of perfectly crisp bacon. I also had their beer battered onion rings that were to die for, and I'm not really a fan of onion rings.

SC was hungry for dinner, so I made a nice Asian soup with pot stickers and various veggies that needed using. It hit the spot on this rainy evening.
We're expecting a real "frog drowner" in these parts tonight...sigh, I hope the burn scars hold.

We worked over a few leftovers, bits and bobs of little portions. I had the last hot dog, and later had a can of Progresso wild rice and chicken soup. Himself cleaned up the seafood things and a bit of potato salad after having his own can of Progresso - chicken with dumplings. Real food tomorrow!

...stopped in at an Einstein's Bros Bagels store and bought a baker's dozen of their tasty bagels...
I miss Einstein's. The nearest one to us is 43 miles away. I also miss Bruegger's, which are just as good in their own way. The nearest Bruegger's is 46 miles away. I should take a page from Andy's cookbook and learn to make my own.

We worked over a few leftovers, bits and bobs of little portions. I had the last hot dog, and later had a can of Progresso wild rice and chicken soup. Himself cleaned up the seafood things and a bit of potato salad after having his own can of Progresso - chicken with dumplings. Real food tomorrow!

I miss Einstein's. The nearest one to us is 43 miles away. I also miss Bruegger's, which are just as good in their own way. The nearest Bruegger's is 46 miles away. I should take a page from Andy's cookbook and learn to make my own.

I had completly forgotten about Bruegger's bagels. Even now, I don't remember what they were like, although I remember buying them, so I must have liked them.

My bagel sandwich was really good. I never got around to the dessert bagel. I got caught up in a good movie. It is almost 2 AM, and buttered cinnamon raisin bagel is tempting. Do I dare eat one at this hour?

CD

Dinner plans changed to

Pan fried bone in smoked pork chop and macaroni and cheese with peas

smoked_pork_chop_032018_IMG_3812.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom