What is for Dinner, Monday, August 10th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hiya VB :)

It was my first attempt at the whole recipe and just got inspired by many different recipes and then put this one together. For the sauce I sweated some onion, garlic, carrot and a sprinkle of salt, pepper & sugar. Then added a can of chopped tomatoes in their own juice and some chopped fresh basil and simmered for 45 minutes. Then I left to cool and blended all together with a knob of butter and warmed through on the stove to serve.

It's still the camera phone yeah :)

For the pepper stuffing I cooked off onions and garlic again and a little salt and paprika then added some mixed beef & pork mince and cooked through until browned and then added cooked saffron rice and mixed in thoroughly whilst cooking for a few more minutes. I then filled the peppers half full with the mixture and then a layer of tomato sauce then another layer of filling and cooked covered in the oven for 45 minutes. Then I uncovered and sprinkled with cheese and cooked for a further 15 minutes to melt and brown the cheese. Finish off with another drizzle of tomato sauce on top.

Sorry that turned into a full description :LOL:

Anyway, trust me it was absolutely delicious :D
Yeah, that is sort of the way I have made it in the past. I love the fact that you used yellow peppers. They looks smashing! :chef:

I have even stuffed red bell peppers before with chili and it turned out pretty good!

Back
Top Bottom