What is for dinner, Thursday, 1-08-09?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vanilla Bean

Master Chef
I'm up early and was waiting to see if someone was going to start this thread. So, I thought I would :).

Tonight I'm going to make my breaded pork chops (supposed to have them last night), glazed carrots (I have a bunch of carrots that I have to use up) and mashed potatoes. I'll come back later with recipes.

We are taking my Dad out for Chinese food at a wonderful buffet in the town where he lives. I am really looking forward to a) seeing him, b) Chinese food, c) not eating alone, d) not cooking!

Yesterday I went to the farmer's market (an every wednesday thing here til Easter)
I bought
frying peppers and made sausage peppers and onions and froze it
(didn't want to chance not being able to find the peppers again)
5 huge ones $2
3 ears of sugar and cream corn on the cob $1
1 large head of romainne lettuce $1
3 large, beautiful ripe tomatoes $1
3 firm cucs, $1
beautiful head of broccoli $1.50, I steamed and froze last night.

So, not having the mood to do much cooking or eating since the holidays,
I'll probably cook the corn, have one of those, the rest for breakfast tomorrow (I love cold leftover corn)
and a salad with the rest, maybe with a boiled egg thrown in.

Quicksliver, I noticed you bought some of the same things I did at the produce market yesterday - then noticed you are in Florida. I also bought honey bells, blood oranges.

Last night we had roast chicken and dressing and more than half of the chicken was left, so tonight I'm making chicken and dumplings, baby green peas, and carrot and raisin salad.

I had no idea when I came here. Thought I might get inspiration and voila! there it was. Chicken and dumplings! Thanks licia! I had been considering lasagne but that needs a salad and I'm out of lettuce and don't want to go to the store. I have all the fixings for chicken and dumplings though. With some nice veggies from the freezer, it will make a nice meal.

I finally got around to making my Barley Veggie Soup last night after work. I am having that tonight with some Wheat Bread on the side. It tastes great.:chef:

tonight could go two ways - either jambalaya with sausage OR chicken breasts sauteed and cooked with coconut-lime thai cooking sauce and served over rice. The thai meal will take longer and I really need to thaw out the chicken to do it. Considering its noon already.... it'll probably be jambalaya. But I'm going to set out the chicken anyway.

confused? me too. :)

we had a lot of carrots, potatoes and celery, so I had to do something with that...
cut them into pieces, sauteed some onions added the veggies.. a can strained tomatoes and some brooth and now my Veggie stew simmers on the stoove

I've had a stressful, crappy day (including a trip to the dentist) so the hubby is taking me out tonight and I do believe there will be some adult beverages involved!

I have pork chops out. Either with gravy or I may try marigene's way from yesterday, that looked GOOD!

i have bacon, ground beef, and chicken that all needs used up so Im here looking for something new and creative...

I'm going to try a beer can chicken
1st one... hope it's ok...since I have guests (again, they can't get home because of the road closures.)

I was playing in the kitchen and came up with this tatertot casserole for dinner. Turned out pretty good!

Attachments

• ultimate-tater-tot-casserole-01.jpg
    ultimate-tater-tot-casserole-01.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 70
pork chops with gravy (from the freezer), roasted carrots, and I riced some potatoes to make a loaded mashed potato casserole...salad also

I fired up the grill tonight -- it's a big fat pork chop this time. I baked some apples between naps today, so I'll have that and I have blackeye peas seasoned with a little bacon simmering. Mmmmmmmmm!

ok, what I ended up doing was thawing the chicken breasts and cutting them up into chunks and sauteing them, then simmered in an Indian Jalfrezi cooking sauce (sweet pepper and coconut). Served over rice. Yummy! (I bought the sauce in a jar at World Market, and will buy more of them.... it was very tasty and quicker than I thought it would be) So it wasn't Thai, it was Indian cuisine.

I used up the leftovers from last nights cabbage soup, thickened up with brown rice, and stuffed portabella mushroom caps and green peppers with it, then topped with cheese to finish in the oven and get all melty.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom