What is the worst pizza you have had?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So, what do you like on a pizza?
tomatoes (more than most tomato sauces) most vegetables, sausage. anchovies, good cheese... (not so much plastic mozzarella).

One of my favorites (I call it "Summer Pizza" because you need really ripe tomatoes) is just tomatoes, garlic, fresh chopped herbs (basil, thyme, whatever's handy), salt and pepper, and then drizzle some very good evoo over it when it comes from the oven.

I love grilled eggplant on pizza, or sautéed spinach or broccoli rabe, and mozzarella,

My favorite "chain" pizza is Bertucci's Sporky. :)

Having lived in Rome for almost 5 years, I don't think I can stomach majority of pizzas produced elsewhere.

Before my Italy days, I never cared for either Dominos (and their cardboardy crust), Little Caesars or CPK.
I also noticed in many takeaway type pizza places in the UK used strange types of cheese not very suitable for pizza, which rather bugged me.
And in case they are considered as pizzas in fact, those horrid objects found in frozen food section (which are also commonly found in Italian supermarkets!:wacko: ) could well be the worst pizzas.

And in case they are considered as pizzas in fact, those horrid objects found in frozen food section (which are also commonly found in Italian supermarkets!:wacko: ) could well be the worst pizzas.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Possibly! It has been so many years since I have been saddled with one of those, that I probably don't really remember just HOW bad they are! I learned how to make pizza when I was 10 (from my Sicilian Girl Scout leader) and have rarely resorted to a frozen pie. It's so easy to make it from scratch!

Careful, you are swaying me from my sworn promise that until their commercials change I will never try their pizza. Seriously I hear good old Jockamo and I just want to hurl.

They have TV comercials???? Never seen them in the area I live in.

Can't say that Buck and I have ever had a bad pizza. That's largely because we're not big pizza eaters. We didn't even eat a lot of pizza when 3 of our sons (at different times in their lives) worked in pizza joints.

Never bought the ones in the freezer section of the market either. When we have pizza, we make our own, dough and all. Those, as someone has already mentioned, are the best. Easy, too.

When I was a child, my mother thought the Chef Boyardee ones in the box were the bomb!! Ugh! Even then I knew they were awful.

oh that's easy.
best and worst.
Tuscany Italy, in Venice, the best.......
Tuscany Italy, just outside of Pisa, awful.
But so much fun it didn't matter.
DH made tons of new friends that night, behind the bar, him, not them:huh:

I dont think I have ever had a pizza I did not like. I am lucky I suppose.;)

Mel

You obviously have not had pizza in England!!!!!! Most pizza here is awful except for one place that is a bit far from our house and does not deliver!

I have, but only once! I was in London for just a few days, on a holiday weekend, no less, and most restaurants were closed. I went to this kosher restaurant for pizza - I should have known better - kosher and pizza don't go together, at least not in this case. Anyway, the pizza was definitely the worst I ever had. It was 10 times worse than store-bought frozen. It tasted like a tv dinner. Ugh. I couldn't eat it.

The second worst pizza I ever had was here in NC at Villa Italian. It claimed to be New York Style - Ha! What a joke. I lived in NYC for over 18 years, and no pizza was ever like this. This one had the mushiest, breadiest crust I'd ever eaten, not to mention the tasteless sauce and plastic cheese. Awful. Luckily, I found a great pizza place nearby, so all's well.

Last edited:
Do you get lawyer commercials in your area???? "Jim Adler---the smart lawyer who will fight for you and get you every dime that you deserve..........I'm SOOOOOOOOOOO sick of them"........my mute button is just about worn out.......I have never heard any commercials for pizza in our area...I guess they don't need to and now they don't even give out coupons or have free delivery.....

Worst Pizza I ever had was definately last week. We ordered a Pepperoni, they deliver a cheese pizza instead, the dough was soggy, undercooked and there was almost zero sauce, which wasn't good anyway. It was a total disappointment, I had to saute pepperoni and drizzle some extra sauce I had laying around just to make it edible.

Well, I think it's all about where you grow up, and what kind of pizza you grew up eating.

I grew up in the Tulsa area of OK. Mazzio's (and Ken's, same company, really) is really big here. That's what I grew up eating, and what I prefer. I like their sauce. Most of their crusts are fine, be it thick, thin, medium, etc.

I've never been a really big fan of Domino's, although that's what PeppA usually orders. When we lived in Jackson, MI, for a few years (that's where she's from), she also liked Andy's Pizza. I wasn't that impressed with it. All toppings on top of the cheese, on a medium whole-wheat crust. It was really hard for me to get a decent "bite" out of it without resorting to a fork. The taste was OK.

I'm not a big fan of Poppa John's either. Pizza Hut is OK, but greasy. I haven't had Little Caesar's in a long time. Simple Simon's used to be the big "cheap" pizzeria chain here, but they've largely gone the way of the Doe-doe. My family, and some friends, have told me of a new locally-owned chain called "Cheesy's", which is supposedly rather good, and, dirt-cheap. I haven't tried them yet, so I don't know for sure.

Imho, the only chain pizza that is decent-to-good is Bertucci's, and that's a limited, regional chain. I hope they don't plan any more expansion, because it seems with expansion comes loss of quality... :(

I once ordered a pizza with meat but by some mistake I got a pizza with shrimps and other seafood.

going with puck

we have roundtable pizza here , and i like it the best. never really ate much of any other.

for frozen, only wolf gang puck pizzia, they are small, expensive and wonder ful.

babe

I love all pizza, just can't help myself. The best is homemade, followed by Uno's, Lumalnati's, and Dewey's. The worst are the cheap frozen ones and Little Ceasars.

Um, I love Hawaiian Pizza... guess that makes me wierd huh:ermm:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom