What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
totally understand........electricians would come to our apt. in Cairo and stick a metal screw driver in the innards of an electrical box (did I mention that our dishwasher and microwave were not grounded?) .........I told our helper to tell them what they were doing was extremely dangerous and I was NOT administering CPR if they got french-fried........they thought it was funny:ohmy:
I was just glad that I had renewed my domestic workers insurance last week!!!:LOL:

i've been rebuilding my soil for several years now, expatty. we have about 1 1/2 to 2 feet of topsoil on top of hard clay and shale clay. my garden has been the last 15 feet of my yard, end to end, and was used by my fil and then myself almost every year since 1950.
unfortunately, my fil resorted mostly to chemical fertilizers in his later, infirmed years of his life. this allowed the soil to become thin and lacking structure and nutrients.
i've added a lot of peat moss, lime, and organic compost over the last 8 years, but i keep gardening in the same spot as well, so it's an uphill battle.
my best year was after i had moved out and no one grew anything for almost 2 seasons.

i have to buy some bok choy seeds, to go with 2 types of mesculun, carrots, radishes, swiss chard, and kale. keep your fingers crossed that i can sneak out early to get it done, before my orders arrive for the day.

moody weather. we rain, then sunshine, then thunder, then sunshine again, then rain. since friday. that's stillers weather fer ya!

my daughter attended a college in Claremont, CA and LOVED the weather.....we would be sweltering in HOuston and she' brag how balmy the weather was....she had the beaches an hour away and the mountains not too far away and then LA was not too far....I don't think that we will ever blast her outta there

BT, that sounds really nice!!!

luvs, I love your description "moody weather".........did you experience "hot flashes" of lightning, too????

Bilby.....I think that is probably very wise..........

Babetoo......my daughter lives in "paradise, too" surrounded by farms and orchards near the mountain and the ocean and beaches an hour away.......she's already informed us that there is no way where the sun and moon don't shine that she's returning to Houston to live...she graduates from college in about 6 weeks and has loved her last 4 years

Moody weather here too....rain, sun, rain, wind, rain, sun! It's about 45F and kinda sunny and kinda cloudy at the moment.

I guess we're finally in a good mood?
Snow, rain, slush, snow, ice, crap all week.
Today the sun shines again and 50 something, promises of 70 by tues, with no yucky stuff returning.
Maybe I can get my spinach in the ground soon?????

well, I don't care if this is the coldest capital in the world the "girls" (not mine) are bouncing along for walks along with the miniskirts and high heels......people are rejoicing in the beautiful warm weather!!

The sun is shining for the first time in days but it's really cold here for this time of year. I'm in southeastern Ohio and when I got up this morning the thermometer read 33 degrees! Hope spring comes soon, I need to do lots of yard work and gardening.

After days of gorgeous weather where people were actually running around in short sleeved tops the weather suddenly turned cold again and we're experiencing 25 degree weather with light snow...........unbelievable!

It's nice and sunny and in the 50s. Today we had a big melt of the 8" of snow we got last week. With the prediction of several days of 60 degree weather, the snow should be gone in no time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom