What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in the Poway valley of San Diego, about 8 or 9 miles from the water. RoadFix has a basement, which is quite unusual in SoCal. We didn't have one when we lived in Rancho Cucamonga (yes, there is such a place), or Pomona, near LA.
icon7.gif

Sure, I know exactly where you are. Very beautiful area of the southland.

You're right about the basement being unusual in SoCal. My house sits on a hillside and we call the unoccupied lower lever (utility area) of the house 'basement' as it is half way dug into the hillside. I really don't know what else to call it.
:)

You want weird? Last week my son in Alaska had record LOW temps, -47 and that sort of thing. Listen up Northeasterners - it's 37+ right now in Fairbanks! Go figure....

Yep, I saw that ... our local weather guru just said that Alaska is actually benefiting from our arctic blast. Go figure! No global warming here (figure of speach, no flames please)!

It is 15 degrees F right now (with a windchill several degrees cooler). We keep our thermostat turned way down so that the heater won't come on much (we are dressed in warm clothes and wearing nice heavy slippers), but it has come on a couple times tonight.

:neutral:Barbara

It is -5 right now, windchill about - 20. Needless to say, my dogs are not getting their usual morning walk this morning!

It's getting above ZERO today!!!!!!!
YAY! It hasn't been since monday...
But not yet. it's -22 right now.
Headed for 8 above later....
30 above by Sunday.
Where's my shorts?

It was a sunny 6F when I got up at 7 this morning. Has already screamed up to 9F. Whoa! High is supposed to be 22F. Thankfully the wind isn't blowing at 20+ mph like the last several days. Still a bit windy, though. We're supposed to be cut loose from this bitter cold by Sunday. It's predicted to be cold, but not as brutal.

9 degrees and very windy. House inside is 60 degrees , even with the coal stove going. El cheapo won't turn on the electric heat even temporarily to make the house warmer. Meanwhile I have to wear extra clothing to keep warm.

in White Lake Township. "It was minus 15 degrees (below zero) at 7:30 a.m.," said meteorologist Steve Freitag. "That is cold. It is a record-setting temperature"
The previous low of 14 degrees below zero was set in 1972, Freitag said.

That's in Fahrenheit. It's being caused by a cold front known as an "Alberta Clipper".

So.... I blame Alix for this. :-p

(No, not really)

La de da de dum...I should probably not mention that we are currently at a balmy 5C (33F) then. I am soooooo thankful all that blisteringly cold weather is over for a bit.

Ronjohn, if it is actually the weather we've had for over a month, you'd better break out ALL your woolies and buy some long underwear. It was NASTY

9 degrees and very windy. House inside is 60 degrees , even with the coal stove going. El cheapo won't turn on the electric heat even temporarily to make the house warmer. Meanwhile I have to wear extra clothing to keep warm.

Would he prefer to see you in a bed in the next room to Dave Hutchins? Or pay the Dr. bills? Or have to cook and eat alone?

Tell him it's an early Valentine's Day present!

Would he prefer to see you in a bed in the next room to Dave Hutchins? Or pay the Dr. bills? Or have to cook and eat alone?

Tell him it's an early Valentine's Day present!

all he cares about is saving money and not having to pay higher electric bill. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom