What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
18F and gorgeous. No wind and lots of sun, so that you can hardly see when outside. My kind of winter day. The sun makes all the difference in the world.

Funny this thread should be on top at the moment. The weather is on everyone's mind here in Edmonton right now. We've had a pretty big dump of snow and navigating the streets is next to impossible. Folks got stuck getting INTO the parking lot at work last night, got stuck getting out, stuck in their own driveways and the list goes on. Its stopped snowing at the moment, but the sky looks heavy, there's more coming! Its -13C (8F) right now and the wind is pretty bad. I think I'm going to stay home tonight until yoga class!

It's snowing here. Expecting 10 inches this time. Actually this would be the first real snow we got this year. The rest was just dust so I don't count it.
Very windy and Cold. Dark for this time of day too.

Cloudy with a chance of meatballs. I almost did make meatballs LOL:LOL:

Right now it is 28 degrees F and nice and calm outside. James just left for school about 20 minutes ago because a winter storm is supposed to hit early in the morning (sleet, snow, ice) and last until Tuesday.

I forgot to leave the bathroom faucet running a little last night (it was below 20). I went to turn the shower on, to get ready for church, and the pipes were frozen. I had to wet a couple towels with water from the refrigerator (good thing I filled the pitcher last night!) and heat them in the microwave. That was our shower substitute this morning!

:)Barbara

Right now it is 28 degrees F and nice and calm outside. James just left for school about 20 minutes ago because a winter storm is supposed to hit early in the morning (sleet, snow, ice) and last until Tuesday.

I forgot to leave the bathroom faucet running a little last night (it was below 20). I went to turn the shower on, to get ready for church, and the pipes were frozen. I had to wet a couple towels with water from the refrigerator (good thing I filled the pitcher last night!) and heat them in the microwave. That was our shower substitute this morning!

Twenty below and pipes freezing in South Carolina!!! I never would have believed that could happen. I thought South Carolina was one of those almost perpetually warm places. Hope you opened the cupboards, turned on the faucet and directed a fan at the pipes.

43F wind has finally calmed down to N9, and stopped rattling the windows. It was gray, blustery and downright gloomy. I hope there's sun tomorrow.

Twenty below and pipes freezing in South Carolina!!! I never would have believed that could happen. I thought South Carolina was one of those almost perpetually warm places. Hope you opened the cupboards, turned on the faucet and directed a fan at the pipes.
It actually gets into the single digits now and then. A couple weeks ago it was 9 degrees over night. It is definitely warmer than many other states, but it does get cold sometimes. It also depends on where you go in the state. We have beaches and mountains, with the "mid-lands" inbetween.

The bathroom cupboard is open and the faucet is running slowly. There is a heating vent just a couple feet from the pipes.

It started snowing at 2:30 a.m. and has been snowing steadily ever since (almost 2 1/2 hours). Everything is covered, and it is beautiful! I can't wait to see it in the daylight!

The bad part about this snowstorm is that they are expecting it to leave several inches of snow, then turn into freezing rain, which will cause icy roads and electrical outages.

Partly cloudy, chance of showers, mid-70's this afternoon. Sorry, folks, but then that's why people come to Florida in January -- and pretty much what keeps our economy from freezing up.

Go ahead, Taxlady - send down a few Canadian :-p's. We can take it. :cool:

We got about 5 inches on top of the freezing rain we got yesterday.
Flakes are still coming down but they are very fine right now.
Like SC we are in this until Tuesday morning and temps will stay under 15F most of the week.
Over all I think this year so far we have been lucky unlike last year, we had 5 blizzards.
In all my years I have never seen that before!
Several feet of snow was so strange to see!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom