What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's cooler here than it was yesterday. Yesterday it was at least 90 at one point, but very muggy for being sunny. They called for severe thunderstorms last night and it got windy with the front moving in and clouded over. Today it is still windy and cloudy, no thunderstorm. It's supposed to be sunny. Not sure if it's ever going to rain or not, so have no idea what the day will hold in store for me.
I already weeded (somewhat). Lots of crabgrass coming up in my flower gardens already. Which I guess means it's been dry.

Hot, mid 80's, cold front moving through so we are getting a nice breeze and the humidity is dropping. It is very dry here. We need some rain and sun to bring on the sweet corn. None to be had, not even pirate corn!

I never wish for warmer weather...the drifts could be 15 feet deep and the windchill -50 and I will still never wish for Summer to come along. This heat is wiping me out.:rolleyes:

Every time the heat wipes me out I think of shoveling all that snow every winter. :LOL:

Ninety-six & climbing. Heat index today is supposed to reach 106.

Going outside to do regular chores is like embarking on the Bataan Death March.

I hate snow so much that I will put up a few months of hot, in exchange for 9 months of mild weather.

Growing up in Maine, I got my fill of shoving snow. Right after I moved out my parents bought a snow blower, LOL!

I never wish for warmer weather...the drifts could be 15 feet deep and the windchill -50 and I will still never wish for Summer to come along. This heat is wiping me out.:rolleyes:
I'm with you, Princess. With a 4 wheel drive, a snowmobile, good pair of boots and a community without sidewalks and shoveling ordinances; snow and some warm clothes sure beats sweltering heat. Heat and humidity is great for bugs, snakes, mildew and unfortunately some pretty nice veggies.

Last edited:
I hate snow so much that I will put up a few months of hot, in exchange for 9 months of mild weather.

Growing up in Maine, I got my fill of shoving snow. Right after I moved out my parents bought a snow blower, LOL!

I move so much snow I've got THREE snowblowers! They all have a specific purpose. And FIVE snow shovels, so I have one to get out each door!
And I'm always snowblowing and shoveling uphill! Both ways! :LOL:

Overcast most of the day in SE South Dakota. Stayed around 77F all day. Very tolerable.

Hotter than the Hinges of Hell there the last couple of days. It was about 114F today and the humidity was way more than I can describe. It was HOT! More of the same is predicted for the next several days.

When we get up in the mornings and open the door, the air hits us like a heavy wall. The air is so thick you can cut it with a machete. It's amazing.

For today...what I said above...................only hotter! Ugh!!!:ohmy:

Right now there is a cool breeze blowing the hot air out of the house. Should be nice and cool for sleeping tonight.

I was so miserable hot today at work, I volunteered to inventory the walk in freezer and fridge in the cafeteria. PLEASE!!!!!

5:50 a.m. in Northern Arkansas - After a night of thunderstorms it's 72 degrees, 100% humidity, scattered clouds and no wind.

it was still 89 degrees at 10pm last night. Supposed to be 90 tomorrow and 86 the next day, I may need to put on a coat, LOL. It's been a while since it was below 90 during the day.

80 at 6:30am

Woke up this morning to a beautiful 60F here in SE South Dakota. Nice cool breeze. They say chance of rain but there's a beautful blue sky.

Windows open, airing out. Tolerable for a while at least. If there were just a little breeze I could probably leave it like this all night. *fingers crossed*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom