What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, hot temp.'s make the 85F more tolerable. It's cooled off nice to 62 tonight in SE South Dakota.

NW Arkansas, 7:00 a.m. - 75 degrees, 96% humidity, clear skies, wind SSE at 5 kts.

Expected high near 100.

Really nice here tonight along the Mississip. Never got the rain that was promised.

NW Arkansas, 5:45 a.m. - 70 degrees, 94% humidity, partly cloudy, wind WNW at 5 kts.

Possible isolated thunderstorms, expected high of 93.

It's about 1:00 p.m. & it's 82F in SE South Dakota. The sun is out & there's a slight breeze. Beautiful day with no humidity.

NW Arkansas, 5:45 a.m. - 71 degrees, 100% humidity, clear skies, calm.

Expected high of 92.

NW Arkansas, 7:00 a.m. - 72 degrees, 93% humidity, partly cloudy, calm wind.

Chance of thunderstorms 50%, high of 90 degrees.

84 degrees in New Orleans high expected of 95. At least with my new box fan in the window, I can air the place out for an hour or two in the mornings and evenings. I still have to run the a/c during the day and at night just before going to bed.

We in Florida are keeping a close eye on Hurricane Irene. I live only one mile from the coast and at just above sea level, so flooding happens here when we get a close call from a big storm.

I see they've modified their report this morning and have Irene moving on a sea path to the east. I'm just below Jacksonville, at St. Augustine, so the storm will be a Cat 3 or 4 Hurricane when it passes my area.

I hope it stays a good distance offshore. We'll still get the rain, but hopefully no bad flooding or wind damage. If it looks like it's coming close, I'm running northwest!

The little "zero" on the upper east coast of Florida on the map shows where I live. See me in it? I'm waving!

Attachments

• Tim's Home.jpg
    Tim's Home.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 167
The weather in the French Alps is glorious; sunshine and clear, blue skies! Mid-80s - outside and in... Luckily it's getting toward the time of day when things start to cool down a little, so maybe there will be some relief soon.

@Timothy - fingers crossed...

Felt it here as well. We are closer than you, weird feeling. Almost bouncy feeling, instead of shaking.

One cat woke up and went back to sleep, the other seems weird about it..

my heart is still pounding in my throat--my first earthquake. it was quite a violent shaking here for perhaps 30 seconds. they are now describing it as a 5.8 earthquake on the richter scale--being felt from n. car. to ny. centered at mineral, virginia. (corr.: 5.9 and martha's vineyard. mass.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom