What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. This is the kind of weather we have here in Colorado. The thing is, this is normal for u's.

Yup. Any weather is normal in Colorado. I once went to school in Colorado springs in July, and we had to close down for a day .... for snow.

It's dark out, but I hear rain. I think it's in the 40's. I hope it's not freezing rain, like yesterday. We were without power all morning into the afternoon. Mark went out to buy firewood, in case we lose power again.... no luck, but he did buy candles.

Last edited:
It's dark out, but I hear rain. I think it's in the 40's. I hope it's not freezing rain, like yesterday. We were without power all morning into the afternoon. Mark went out to buy firewood, in case we lose power again.... no luck, but he did buy candles.

Right now it is snowing hard. And the temp is 17ºF. I have no plans of going anywhere today. So I will play with my new Shark Steamer. :ohmy:

Right now it is snowing hard. And the temp is 17ºF. I have no plans of going anywhere today. So I will play with my new Shark Steamer. :ohmy:

That's what I need! I might go out later to get a few things, if I'm able to walk to the car, it's a sheet of ice on the sidewalk and parking lot.

Mark had to go into work this morning. He left then came back in to put his boots on. That was the only way he could get to his truck.

I don't even own a pair of boots. Haven't for several years. I tried a pair on and the top hit right where my skin graft is. Am not willing to take the risk of damaging it. I went through too much to save the leg. Will be danged if I am going to lose it now. :ohmy:

23° and we didn't get as much of a storm as was expected yesterday. A bit of a crunch on top of the snow from the sleet last night.

40 degrees at 10:00. Should be a nice day. I had better get outside while the weather is good.

Stopped raining. Now that I have the afternoon off I can start framing the walls of my observatory as long as it stays dry the rest of the day.

That's really cool that you're building your own private observatory. I think I saw a photo you posted showing that you poured a pad for it with plumbing and electrical built into the pad.

The pad is to keep it extremely stationary, right? For tracking purposes?

I know almost nothing of the subject, but it's always fascinated me. I've thought about buying one of those tracking telescopes myself.

It's 79°! Is this the global warming? It's January! It kind of makes up for the extremely hot, dry and no breeze summer.

High of 18F today. It's 14F now at 3 pm. The wind has started to pick up & it's blowing all the fluffy snow around. We ended up with 5 inches of it in SE S.D. Freezing rain on it's way tonight. We are on our way out to a catering in the country hoping for plowed roads.

a pretty snowfall is contouring the trees and shrubbery in a fluffy white coat. it's a picturesque wintry scene. the flakes are large and sparse, perfect for catching on the tongue. oh, and it's still as a church, with 27F at 12:00 pm here in the old dominion....

Last edited:
a pretty snowfall is contouring the trees and shrubbery in a fluffy white coat. it's a picturesque wintry scene. the flakes are large and sparse, perfect for catching on the tongue. oh, and it's still as a church, with 27F at 12:00 pm here in the old dominion....

So eloquently stated. :angel:

I love snow as long as I can watch it on TV, falling on someone else.

I've always equated snow with increased traffic accidents, hassles and freezing cold.

You guys up there in North where ever can have it!

I love snow as long as I can watch it on TV, falling on someone else.

I've always equated snow with increased traffic accidents, hassles and freezing cold.

You guys up there in North where ever can have it!

Snow doesn't always equate cold. When the sun is shining really bright, and there is no wind, it can be a beautiful day. The kind of day you want to be out in. Today is not one of those days. A good day to stay in sideand watch the Pats win. :chef:

That's really cool that you're building your own private observatory. I think I saw a photo you posted showing that you poured a pad for it with plumbing and electrical built into the pad.

The pad is to keep it extremely stationary, right? For tracking purposes?

I know almost nothing of the subject, but it's always fascinated me. I've thought about buying one of those tracking telescopes myself.

Thank you , and yes the concrete pad/pier is to hold the equatorial mount in its permanent position, aligned with the Earth's axis, for accurate, vibration free tracking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom