What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's great sleeping weather. Nightime is 60F with a nice breeze. Reached a high of 90F in SE S.D. today.

It's overcast and breezy, temps in the 80'sF. I put up the storm shutters this morning in anticipation of Tropical Storm Isaac/Hurricane Isaac's arrival tomorrow. We're due for some rough weather the next couple of days. But the Weather Channel people are ecstatic -- finally something exciting to report! I have a load of wash in right now and have rechecked the emergency food and water box in case the power goes off.

It's overcast and breezy, temps in the 80'sF. I put up the storm shutters this morning in anticipation of Tropical Storm Isaac/Hurricane Isaac's arrival tomorrow. We're due for some rough weather the next couple of days. But the Weather Channel people are ecstatic -- finally something exciting to report! I have a load of wash in right now and have rechecked the emergency food and water box in case the power goes off.

Fingers crossed for you Lizzie! Head down and stay safe.

tinlizzie said:

Eeks! Stay safe!

An overcast 93° here along the river.

Glad to hear that you are one of the sensible folks. Don't go out in the middle of the storm to see what is happening. We have folks here that go out in the middle of a Nor'Easter. They go down to the water front to see the waves break over the wall. Then when the waves bring the rocks with it, they get some nasty injuries. You wouldn't believe some of the stupid things they do. Stand on the wall and try to stnad up against the big waves. They usually lose.

Stay safe and let us know how you withstood the storm. :angel:

tinlizzie said:

I am in the same boat but my rental doesn't have shutters! Hope the windows are hurricane grade.....eek

It's 17 c in here, which is about 60F, and it has been raining non-stop since last night! I'm a bit tired of it now, I actually closed the blinds because I didn't want to see it anymore.

Thanks, folks, for the kind thoughts. No bravado here, strictly a chicken! It's not even raining this morning, just a little breezy. After all that preparation I did yesterday, it had better do something. Guess that should be said sweetly, in case I have to eat those words later today. :)

We have an all day rain!!! Dark, gloomy, and pouring! Love it! We've had a bad drought for so long here along the mighty Mississip.

Last edited:
It is much colder than it has been all August, here in Munich, Germany. Winter clothes are already appearing in the shops. :)

So far, so good with Tropical Storm/soon-to-be Hurricane Isaac. We didn't get near the rain last night that was expected. I woke up curious to see how much standing water there was, but couldn't see out of any windows because of the storm shutters. From the back door I could see there wasn't even a flood in the back yard as I had thought there would be.

Must wish good luck to the coastal-dwelling folks from the Florida panhandle to Louisianna, where the storm is said to be headed. Hang onto your hats up there! :ohmy:

The storm is apparently passing below us, and gradually coming apart at least for now. It could always regroup in the middle of the Gulf, but I don't think so this time.

I've lived near the coast of the Gulf of Mexico for much of my life, and don't get too scared by hurricanes. New Orleans is more at risk, but I'm not worried at least this time.

They have experience with evacuation here, and if it was decided we should evacuate, all I'd have to do is make a phone call to register and I'd be taken care of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom