What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is raining heaps, love it...still mild though but cooling down again over the next couple of days

Send some rain my way! We really need it. We have lots of wind today, but no rain again. Hard to want to be out in the garden when you get blown away.:huh:

We got to spend some time in the basement due to a tornado sighting an hour ago. Beagle and I were already down there, and DH got home from work shortly after, visibly shaken after the drive. It missed us. Now it's just raining. Whew! No damage that we can see.

Last edited:
We got to spend some time in the basement due to a tornado sighting an hour ago. Beagle and I were already down there, and DH got home from work shortly after, visibly shaken after the drive. It missed us. Now it's just raining. Whew! No damage that we can see.

Scary! I'm glad all is well.

I would love to take some of your rain. At least we have had a little this spring. There are green grasses here and there.

Glad it blew past you Dawg! Fortunately we've had only one basement adventure over 13 years in MA. Back in OH we payed way closer attention although we lived a bit north of the usual path. Either way it's scary. Hope this stormy season settles down for you.

Glad it blew past you Dawg! Fortunately we've had only one basement adventure over 13 years in MA. Back in OH we payed way closer attention although we lived a bit north of the usual path. Either way it's scary. Hope this stormy season settles down for you.

Thanks CG! Still looking at the damage (on the news) that surrounding areas got. We are lucky.

watch for those twisters...get to low ground with a book, a beagle and a flashlight. Water and pb & crackers, too.

when we were in Illinois, the old man we rented from would come a running to help Mom with us girls and get us into his cellar. Dad was always out at the Air Force Base when we got tornado alarms and I was usually in school. Mom once had both my sisters and a box of brand new kittens with their mama when Harvey got to them.

I am old enough and have traveled enough to have lived through every weather condition including the Mt. St. Helen's eruption. But the only run ins I had with tornadoes were in Texas. There was a water spout across the street right over the church. It would come down, pick a few shingles off the roof and go back up. It did this several times. I had my youngest one in my arms. He was just a newborn. I was paralyzed. Fortunately my neighbor came and grabbed me back into the house and out the other door to her home. And the second time was in the same town. My neice and I were heading to go out for breakfast. She looked in her side mirror and there was a tornado not too far off behind us. She was having trouble controlling the vehicle. She stepped on the gas, letting out some words I didn't know she knew. I didn't know that old bucket could go that fast. It swerved in one direction and we went in another.

I hated the weather conditions in Texas. Flash floods, water spouts or tornadoes, wind storms, hurricanes, hot, humid unbeathable air, ect. :angel:

Here it is six in the morning and the temp is already in the mid 70's.

Now the law here says that the landlord can shut off the heat on the 31st of May. So I am laying in bed and all of a sudden at midnight, I feel a cold wind blowing on me. The AC had gone on. Automatically. A partial win for our battle to control the AC/Heat in this building. You can fight City Hall and win.

My fan arrived yesterday. Good Grief! I would never had ordered one like this. It is enormous. Spike put it together for me. This fan will blow you right out of the room on low. Bless his little heart. :angel:

43F, cloudy and waiting for more rain. There is flooding in Eastern Montana, no flooding here, but we sure need the moisture and I love it.

We will be in the mid 90's for a couple of days. Just long enough for it to be considered an official heat wave. I went outside for a bit. Very hazy. that kills my sitting on the patio. I might try for the beach later on.

PF, I saw that on the news this morning about Montana. :angel:

I'm in Ontario, Canada, just north of Lake Ontario. On the USA radar I can see a big green dragon with yellow splotches and a few red, coming straight for us - not a tornado, hopefully, but some pretty nasty t-storms. Glad I have a basement, but our electricity does go off fairly often.

Good luck to everyone in the path of storms!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom