What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, this one is ten minutes up the highway...

Jul 22, 2013 12:26:PM
BONNER - Firefighters are battling a wildfire that's broken out near the old Stimson mill in Bonner.
Details are limited at this time, but a plume of smoke can easily be seen in the area and flames are visible from Interstate 90.
Our reporter on the scene says that trees on a hillside west of the old mill are burning.
A helicopter is already making water drops in the area and the Missoula Rural Fire District is on scene, which is west of Montana Highway 200, near the Blackfoot River.
We'll have more on this developing story as information becomes available.

BONNER - Firefighters are battling a wildfire that's broken out near the old Stimson mill in Bonner.
Details are limited at this time, but a plume of smoke can easily be seen in the area and flames are visible from Interstate 90.
Our reporter on the scene says that trees on a hillside west of the old mill are burning.
A helicopter is already making water drops in the area and the Missoula Rural Fire District is on scene, which is west of Montana Highway 200, near the Blackfoot River.
We'll have more on this developing story as information becomes available.
Eek! stay safe.

I can hear the helicopters...there's lots of up and down mountains before it can reach Missoula and I live in the middle of Missoula.

Yikes, PF! Keep safe!

Got back from our walk, just in time! The wind's ablowin', the rain's apourin' and I may have to shut the windows in the 4 seasons room. Oh, and the sat TV is out.

I assume you have an emergency bag/kit packed.

Always...I even have a pick-up and run kit with all our medications and testing supplies in vacuum sealed bags, 10 days worth. I'm an over preparer. If the zombie apocalypse comes Shrek and I are set.:)

BONNER - Firefighters are battling a wildfire that's broken out near the old Stimson mill in Bonner...

:ohmy: Heck with BEING prepared - all you would see of me is the dust I stirred up while getting out of Dodge. :ermm: Be safe. Any idea if Steve and the Mrs. are running their route through the fire zone? I hope not!

:ohmy: Heck with BEING prepared - all you would see of me is the dust I stirred up while getting out of Dodge. :ermm: Be safe. Any idea if Steve and the Mrs. are running their route through the fire zone? I hope not!

Oops, I better let Steve know...they are in Billings for the night.

Okay, I just checked, that fire is under control and not progressing. So highway traffic is running fine. But, we are under an extremely high fire danger, even a cricket rubbing it's legs together could start a brush fire. I have the weather radio on, tuned to the DNRC. Trust me, I'm not flirting with danger. We go through this every year.

I'm not a first responder, but I AM a responder...I don't get to "get out of Dodge". And I don't want to, I'm a nurse for a reason.

And God Bless people like you who DO stick around to help PF. :flowers: I'm not a nurse - I'm not even brave. Hence, you can wave bye to me as I run away from brave people like you. I'd be one less person you had to worry about.

And God Bless people like you who DO stick around to help PF. :flowers: I'm not a nurse - I'm not even brave. Hence, you can wave bye to me as I run away from brave people like you. I'd be one less person you had to worry about.

Absolutely, you I don't have to worry about.:) Thanks...:blush: now you are making me blush.

As the mother of a first responder, there is constant worry. You can't imagine the thoughts that run through my mind when Poo gets called in. On 9/11 since Boston was one of the cities where one of the planes took off from, were we going to be under attack also? He was called in for 24-48 hours. Then when the Marathon bombers struck, again he was already at work, but at his desk. He got called to the ER.

Would the bomber try to finish the job in one of the ERs? Would it be the one he was working in? Like I said, crazy thoughts. Fortunately Poo knows how my thought process can run amok and calls me as soon as he has ten seconds. All he says is, "I am okay." Then he hangs up. That is all I need to calm my fears. :angel:

We've had thunder and lightening over night here in Britain, atleast some parts. So it has nicely cooled the weather down.

Now if something similar could happen to the news I'll be very grateful. No ok, guess I'll keep my TV switched off for a few days

We've had thunder and lightening over night here in Britain, atleast some parts. So it has nicely cooled the weather down.

No storms or rain at all in my neck of the woods. And today is still warm and sunny (though a tad humid).

Now if something similar could happen to the news I'll be very grateful. No ok, guess I'll keep my TV switched off for a few days

Oh, I SO agree with you! :cool:

78 degrees with sunshine and blue skies this morning. It is the last full day that my niece and her boyfriend are visiting, so we are still on the go. Today we are going to the county fair. I still have both grandsons too, so they will be going along. It should be fun! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom