What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a foreigner I always think of California as the sunshine state (lower case - I know it's really the nickname for Florida) so is the song lyric true - "Hate California, it's cold and it's damp"?

California along with Oregon, Washington are three states that I can think of that have every weather and living condition you might think of here in the states. Desert, mountains, ocean front, farm land for miles, large cities, small towns, warm year round, freezing, raining, you name it, and those three states have quite a lot to offer. :angel:

California along with Oregon, Washington are three states that I can think of that have every weather and living condition you might think of here in the states. Desert, mountains, ocean front, farm land for miles, large cities, small towns, warm year round, freezing, raining, you name it, and those three states have quite a lot to offer. :angel:

AND they have earthquakes! Something not found too often in other states. :)

Gosh! I new Canada had cold winters but breath falling to the ground as ice dust!

As I was writing the last sentence the radio reminded me that the Inuit have 50 words for snow. (Don't know if it's actually true but it sounds good).

Whooof!!!! That's too cold for me! Smila's Sense of Snow (movie) mentioned the different words for snow. I know there are many but don't know how many.

Gosh! I new Canada had cold winters but breath falling to the ground as ice dust!

As I was writing the last sentence the radio reminded me that the Inuit have 50 words for snow. (Don't know if it's actually true but it sounds good).

It's TRUTH !!
............And the Aztecs had one word for ANYTHING that fell from the sky as a weather phenomenon.........

It's TRUTH !!
............And the Aztecs had one word for ANYTHING that fell from the sky as a weather phenomenon.........
Even for this:

raining_frogs_thumb.gif

Raining animals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sorry, the smart arse in me took over.

This isn't our weather today, but is a neat piece of history that Google chose to highlight.

Google Doodle celebrates Canada
Interesting article LP. Went to google to see it "live"...and got the regular image. Hmm, I'm not in Canada, perhaps I can't see it? Oh Yes I Could! I put "google.ca" in the address bar and *voila!* the image was there.

One thing I know - it's going to be harder for me to justify crabbing about the temperature when it drops into the teens later this week. Doesn't make me stop, but it is a little harder for me to feel I should be crabbing. :LOL:

Sorry, I forgot to mention it was Google.ca. We get most of the American ones, but you don't often get Canadian Google Doodles!

That's OK LP. I actually impressed Himself (my dear tech support) with the fact that I even though of changing the address. It's not often I do that, so I feel extra good about my sluggish brain today - thanks to you. :flowers:

High of 25F today. Nice it's warmed up. Doesn't sound like it will last long, snow predicted tonight with dropping temp.'s on the way.

The funny thing is California is so big, they probably have a dozen or more climates, but somehow southern California's is the stereotype for the whole state. Much of the coast is cold and windy; San Francisco is freezing in the summer; my dad lives in the Sierra Nevada Mountains where they typically get many feet of snow in the winter. It's a crazy place.

It's 55 and sunny here. I'm going to go sit on the porch.

That's pretty much it! :LOL: The weather varies so much throughout the state and yes, many people associate SoCal with the weather for the entire state. I'm in the desert, near the base of the Eastern Sierra Nevadas, so it does get pretty cold here. Brutally hot in the summertime.

Right now at 7:15PM it's 46F, feels like 41F, and supposed to drop down into the mid 20's tonight. Brrr.

It has warmed up with lots of rain. I welcome the rain to wash away the salt on the roads, so I can wash my car later on this week.

3°F, feels like -17°F...14 mph winds from the south east. I guess I should put a hat on when I go out...maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom