What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess, Don't know if I posted this somewhere else but during the holidays we had a very very warm spell. The snow was super soft. I went out around 10pm to round up the geese. I even put on my snow shoes. The snow was too soft and I still tripped and fell.

One snow shoe and boot came off. My jacket was very warm but I had on light pants. Pants were soaked, sock was soaked, could not bend properly to get my boot back on. Kept sinking in the snow and could not get up.

Laid there for awhile, laughed, then cried, then got angry and said, "Well, warm enough I'll survive til morning (hope) but ...." Didn't want to spend the night there! Finally started to roll, roll, roll til I reached ground that would allow me to get up.

Dragged my boot with me but the snow shoe stayed til the snow was hard enough for me to walk on again.

Final line is .... if the geese don't go into the shelter on the first attempt of no more than 10 feet out, well .... again may favourite saying... too bad, so sad, the coyotes will just get another one! I love my geese :ermm: - but love me (at least my kids do) more:rolleyes:.

Yeah, I almost lost Shrek the other day just going to the mail box...about 50 feet. Glad you made it back to the house! My trial by ice is above in the thread somewhere...I always end up with all 4 paws in the air at least once each winter.:rolleyes:

it was reading your post about Shrek and the mail box that led me to tell you about my little misadventure.

Everybody looks at you and says, OMGoodness, you have to be careful! Wha????

no no I always run around at full speed with scissors in my hand and a lollipop stick in my mouth. Hello????

We do what we can to take care but sometimes even the best plans don't always work. One just has to realize that and be prepared to think of alternatives.

Oh yeah, they always look at you like you did it on purpose. "Didn't you know that was a sharp knife?"

But, I am just as guilty telling folks to be careful. Mostly because I don't want to take care of them if they get hurt...:LOL:

Yes, the skiers spent the night in the cold, but they were fine.

I feel the same way, anyone who goes off into uncharted country have assumed ALL responsibility for their safety and should have to pay for the rescue.
I remember, a number of years ago, some rich Yankees wanted to wilderness trek in Greenland. They were outraged that the Danish government wanted them to have insurance or post a bond for their possible rescue. :ermm::LOL:

:ROFLMAO:
Keep your cell phone with you.
:LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO:

too funny taxlady, do you know how many people have said that to me?

In actual fact I usually do have it in my pocket.... except that evening, for some reason, had used it more than usual and it insisted I put it on its charger.

Out here in the country, our ditches are so deep that should you go in... they won't find you til the spring. Living alone on a farm with horses, one always has to think .... it was the main reason I got a cell phone, to get me out of a ditch or ... if conscious, let someone know a horse had kicked me.

Ahh well, c'est la vie. Don't sweat the small stuff. We need to leave this world singing wooo hooo - WHAT A RIDE!!!!!

Scary, Dragnlaw! Glad you didn't have to sleep in the snow!

We're down to -4°F. Still windy. Yuck.

:ROFLMAO:
:LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO:

too funny taxlady, do you know how many people have said that to me?

In actual fact I usually do have it in my pocket.... except that evening, for some reason, had used it more than usual and it insisted I put it on its charger.

Out here in the country, our ditches are so deep that should you go in... they won't find you til the spring. Living alone on a farm with horses, one always has to think .... it was the main reason I got a cell phone, to get me out of a ditch or ... if conscious, let someone know a horse had kicked me.

Ahh well, c'est la vie. Don't sweat the small stuff. We need to leave this world singing wooo hooo - WHAT A RIDE!!!!!

I guess there are some good reasons to have a cell phone...I hate them, don't want one and will be kicking and screaming about being made to have one when the time comes.

Currently 15F, no wind, feels like 20F...however, there is a 2 foot deep, 4 foot wide drift at the top of my steps. I better get up early in the morning and shovel us out. There is almost no snow on the car.

Oh joy oh rapture. We're supposed to tie an all time low temp tomorrow. We should be in the 40's by now, ain't gonna happen for awhile.

We are at -9f (-23c) this morning with a 'feels like' of -22f. But will be going up to 9f ABOVE (-13c) will still feel like -4f thou.

Best part is the mostly sunny! When it is sunny I can let the fire go out for the day.

Obviously I did not shut the front door properly last night. Got up to a chilly house. Must have been when I brought in the wood for the night. Oh well, guess the porch has warmed up a bit to help thaw some of the wood that came in frozen. Winter ain't over yet :ermm:!!

I quite like my cell. Have graduated to a smart phone - not that I know how to use it properly. Matter-of-fact I got rid of my land line. Was tired of being nickled and dimed. My sons have only cell phones as well. They have jobs where I cannot reach them by phone. I text them to call me and they do so first chance. Or we just text back & forth if its not important. You only need answer when you have time.:)

Another inch of snow last night. It's looking like me may not have a fire season this summer, yippee!!! But time to get the wellies out for Spring Thaw and get my sand bagging skills up to par.

Snow hoarder here!!!

17F, no wind...no sun, yet! It may get up to 40F today, but remain cloudy and snowy. I get to try to drive on the side streets today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom