What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Mother Nature:

Would you please decide whether to send biting cold temperatures OR lots of snow? 80+ inches of snow in 17 days AND "high temps" in the teens (with gusty winds) is not exactly a Norman Rockwell winter. :mad:

14 degrees right now, with 20 MPH gusts tossing around our newest foot of snow.
th_gaahsmiley.gif

CG this weather and storm after storm is wearing everyone down. When I got sick at the store last week, I couldn't finish my shopping. I want to get back to the store to finish. Can't get out of the house. And if I could, it would take me more than an hour to get to the store. A trip that normally takes only 5-8 minutes. :wacko: :wacko:

The Mayor keeps coming on TV and telling us the number of pieces of equipment that have been working around the clock. It is time to call in the National Guard with their equipment. The street along the side on my building, (the side of my windows) hasn't even been plowed since the first snowfall. A lot of time was wasted for the stupid Patriots Parade. The mayor wanted to make sure the fans had a place to stand in the freezing cold. So downtown looks so lovely. But the Mayor doesn't want anyone on the road. So streets that no one is going to walking along or driving are in great condition. While the people who live in neighborhoods like Eastie or Dorchester are totally snowbound. I know who I won't be giving my vote to come next election. :angel:

When I got up this morning it was NACITS! Not A Cloud In The Sky. Got to run errands in the sun with temps in the mid-20s. Now? We're about 10 degrees. Tomorrow will be about the same temp with light snow showers. And then the bottom falls out. Four straight days of highs in the teens, lows some nights below zero. Brrr! I have a fridge full of food and all kinds of cooking plans. Staying in and warm, and having fun.

Right now it's 26 degrees and we got a dusting of snow overnight. The temperatures are going to continue to drop and tomorrow is supposed to be bitter cold, but no more snow. At least until Saturday.

How does it feel living inside a snowglobe?

I hope no earthquake happens right now or I am going to be buried in snow. With snow covering the front windows completely and the windows on the roof, it is like a snow globe. Yesterday when I looked, it was also halfway up the side that leads to the patio. :angel:

We are now under a Blizzard expected to start at midnight tonight. Just what we need. More snow. Roofs are collapsing all over the place. The Pirate helped my SIL remove more than six feet of snow from the roof of the garage. They also had to clean off the kitchen roof. The rest of the house has peaked roofs.

My SIL is a survivor of cancer. Non-Hodgkin's Leukemia. If you can call him a survivor. He was in Stage Four when they found it. They told him to get all of his ducks in a row and do it fast. In the meantime they started chemo on him and fortunately were very aggressive about it. But the chemo left him a shell of himself. Trying to climb the ladder to get to the roof took him almost five minutes. My son got down and behind him to give him a feeling of confidence and safety incase he fell. First him and now my daughter. He feels so obligated to take care of her during her chemo week. After all she was by his side every day when he was on the chemo drip. To this day he keeps telling her how much it meant to him. Her presence was what gave him the strength to fight. :angel:

Super cold and windy here along the river. Sure feel for our east-coasters who got another snow dumping.

Up to now, I have felt, "Oh great, just what we need. More snow." But these two coming storms have me very nervous. If we get hurricane winds like they are reporting, I am concerned about my big window in my back room. There are a couple of big trees right across the street. If a branch comes down and the wind brings it over and hits that window, I hope I am not in that room. The window is two stories high. I am so used to New England weather. But this time it is different. This is coming straight in from the North. Not the Northeast. Cape Cod is really going to get hit hard.

Thank goodness I have The Pirate with me. His presence has a calming effect for me. All I can think of is if we get the amount of snow they are predicting, there is a good possibility that we will be snowed in and unable to evacuate in the event of an emergency. Claustrophobia wants to kick in big time. You can't imagine just how much snow there already is. The maintenance crew have done their best to try to keep up with it. But they have to go home to their families and rest at sometime. And with six properties to care for it is a massive job.

So far Eastie has had no fires. If there are, the people are not going to be able to get away from their building without climbing over more than six feet of snow drifts. And a lot of sidewalks have not been shoveled. The people have given up trying to keep up with the falling snow. Can't say I blame them. :angel:

I have no idea. I haven't looked out the window all day. And I will do the same tomorrow. But I do know that it didn't snow today. I am grateful for small things like no snowflakes. It doesn't take much to make me happy. :angel:

I know you all watch the national weather news like I do every morning, and I feel almost guilty to be warm and dry here. That's honestly the truth. When I see how so much of the country is dealing with record snow and cold I think of each of you and how depressing it must be to get one punch after another and have your lives ruled by these terrible unrelenting conditions. It boggles my mind. Just wanted all of you to know that I do care and send you my best and warmest thoughts.

I know you all watch the national weather news like I do every morning, and I feel almost guilty to be warm and dry here. That's honestly the truth. When I see how so much of the country is dealing with record snow and cold I think of each of you and how depressing it must be to get one punch after another and have your lives ruled by these terrible unrelenting conditions. It boggles my mind. Just wanted all of you to know that I do care and send you my best and warmest thoughts.

I agree, it should be happening here where we can deal with it all. Have lots of up country valleys and mountain tops that could handle all the snow. Glacier National Park is missing it's winter mantle.

I have no idea. I haven't looked out the window all day. And I will do the same tomorrow. But I do know that it didn't snow today. I am grateful for small things like no snowflakes. It doesn't take much to make me happy. :angel:

My friend, (and I know Addie)

It snowed all day today ! But only like 4 inches.

And it's gonna snow tomorrow. And Sunday

I have 15-20 feet of snow in my front yard. It's nuts!

Kill me now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom