What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thursday was 96, yesterday was 89, today is forecast 91, then starting tomorrow (Sunday - Father's Day) 97, 84, 94, 98. Most of those except the 84 are likely to top 100 on our thermometer that's in the shade on the north side of the house under the eave. They also include a possible thunderstorm each day.

Princess F - Winter lasts long enough as it is, no matter how warm it gets, summer is still better. The dry heat here (typical daytime humidity is about 20-25%) is more comfortable at 100° than 95% humidity at 85°. At least when you perspire, it evaporates and cools you off. The key is maintaining good hydration.

I mowed and trimmed our half acre of yard on Thursday with the temps in the mid 90's in the shade and not a cloud to be seen (our thermometer hit 103). It actually was fairly comfortable, and I don't usually do heat well. We had dinner that evening with friends on their deck, which with a western exposure gets the full effect of the afternoon and evening sun, and even that was quite nice.

I wish I functioned well at temps over 70. I overheat easily, hydration is not the problem, poor regulation of body temp is. I've had several bouts of heat stroke because of this. It's 70 already and I need to go out this afternoon to an outdoor party, temps to get to 100. I'll be the one standing in the bucket of ice.

When it's over 75°F, I try to always locate myself in or next to a body of water, be it pool, lake, or preferably, ocean.

Last edited:
Sounds like fried eggs on the patio surface every day for lunch, Cheryl. :ermm: :ohmy: :LOL: I would be the crabbiest person on the block if I had to deal with those temps. I don't remember if you have central A/C or not, but I sure hope you do! Don't melt...

Addie, stop hogging all those thunder-boomers and flashing of lightning. :LOL: We didn't have so much as a drop of rain by us. Still very pleasant now in the upper-50s, but Himself just did a weather check from the front porch and said it's starting to get humid. Not looking to the mid-80s next week.

CG, there was one that was so close to this building, that even with my blinds closed, one flash of lightning lit up my room. And I still think someone must have got knocked out of bed by that clap of thunder that went with it.

Poor Teddy. My first thought went to him. He is so terrified on thunder and lightning. I will have to call Spike and ask him how is Teddy this morning. Spike only live two blocks from me. And yes, we got a downpour so loud you could hear it coming down through shut windows. It was a good soaking. I went out early this morning mainly to get some fresh air. The ground was soaked and puddles all over the place. But sure enough, the sprinklers went on right at the time they were set for. :angel:

Sounds like fried eggs on the patio surface every day for lunch, Cheryl. :ermm: :ohmy: :LOL: I would be the crabbiest person on the block if I had to deal with those temps. I don't remember if you have central A/C or not, but I sure hope you do! Don't melt...

Thanks, CG! Yes, I have A/C - everyone here does! :ermm::LOL: It's not too bad - when I have to go out I go from an A/C house, to a garaged A/C car, to an A/C store. No more walks for me though until fall - unless I get up at 4 AM to walk which I'm not going to do. LOL :cool:

We are looking at temps in the high 70's today. I have the window open to let in any breezes. I have to put a roast in the oven later. I guess I will have to turn on the AC while that is in the oven. :angel:

We are looking at temps in the high 70's today. I have the window open to let in any breezes. I have to put a roast in the oven later. I guess I will have to turn on the AC while that is in the oven. :angel:

With 8 people in the house, the AC will be going strong anyway, so I figured that it was better for just me to have to brave the heat (three of our guests are in their late 80's and 90's). That way I don't have to turn on the stove for anything. I'll do the beans out on the grill too, and the potato salad is already in the fridge.

Last edited:
I hate having the house closed up with the AC but it sure beats not having AC!!

It's close to 100 degrees, and I hope I can force myself to grill the planned rib eyes for dinner.
Good thing we like em rare!

Last edited:
I love that song, AB! :)

108F here right now, 5% humidity. Nice and cool in the house though. Tomorrow is supposed to be a high of 113F. :blink:

Take care grilling those steaks outdoors this evening, Kay!

Last edited:
Got up to 93°F. Went to the pool and floated around on my floaty thing and had fun chatting with a couple of my nerdy teen neighbors. They're adorable! And much better and more well-behaved than the younger rugrats. I learned a lot about video games.

Last edited:
I never did turn on the AC. Fortunately, we don't pay any electric bill here. Only rent. And everything is included in that. But I never feel right wasting the utilities just because it is free. Wide open window is enough for me. :angel:

That's not official, just what our thermometer read. That's the highest it's been here at the house since we moved here 2 years ago.

Even if it was a degree or two off the official, that's still plenty hot! Looks like most of the US is going through a heat wave now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom