What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's 78 degrees with a humidity of 78% this AM. Don Slater at WAVY says it's supposed to get up to 91/92 today. Record breaker if it does. Stay cool today, GG.

It was 81 degrees when I got out of bed this morning. Very humid, with a strong South wind.

Now, it is 56 degrees, with a pretty strong North wind, and I can hear thunder in the distance.

The worst weather is East of me, where "significant" tornado damage has been reported.

The Allstate claims adjuster is coming tomorrow at 8AM. Yes, 8AM on a Sunday. Those poor adjusters are working 7 days a week in North Texas due to all the big hail we've had this spring.

CD

Right now it is 69ºF. And it is 10:19 p.m. I am afraid with all this talk of global warming, we are in for a very hot summer. The temp doesn't go down to this level until the mid summer as a rule.

It's 81/feels like 89 here right now. Woke up with a terrible headache this morning - damn humidity. We've already got the a/c on.
I hope your headache is gone by now. Humidity doesn't do it to me, wind does. I guess it's something to do with the barometric pressure change and all. Well, it was windy up here today - small headache as a souvenir. *sigh*

We hit a high around 80 or just above today, heading for a low in the upper 40s tonight. Tomorrow, cha-cha-changes...high in the low 60s and pretty cool for the rest of the first week of May. Well our April weather was more like March weather this year (since we had our April weather in March), so I wouldn't be surprised if May was more like April. Since I have no control over the weather, I guess I'll just go with it.

When the cold front came through yesterday, the temperature dropped and we got some light rain. 60 miles East of Dallas, there were three tornados. Five people are dead, and 56 were injured.

North Texas is like that. The same front can do nothing in one place, and destroy a whole town not far away.

CD

When the cold front came through yesterday, the temperature dropped and we got some light rain. 60 miles East of Dallas, there were three tornados. Five people are dead, and 56 were injured.

North Texas is like that. The same front can do nothing in one place, and destroy a whole town not far away.

CD
I'm sorry to hear that. My uncle and his wife lost their home in a huge tornado in Mississippi several years ago.

Have fun at the porch crawl, GG. Sounds like a good time.

I'm enjoying a good, solid Ohio-type thunderstorm. :w00t2: Window-rattling boomers, a small flash of lightning every once in a while, downpour all the way! We've started to get these kinds of rains more often. Hopefully the natives are getting used to it. :LOL:

...60 miles East of Dallas, there were three tornados. Five people are dead, and 56 were injured.

Sorry to hear about the storms and deaths. We have friends in Plano (he's a retired Delta pilot and was Best Man at out wedding) so whenever I hear of any bad weather I check her Facebook page to make sure they're OK. Stay safe, CD.

Casey, I thought of you this morning when I was watching the news of the tornadoes. Just horrible. :( Glad you're OK.

Beautiful here today. 82F here now at 12:40, supposed to get up to 87F. Sunny and not a breath of wind.

Casey, I thought of you this morning when I was watching the news of the tornadoes. Just horrible. :( Glad you're OK.

Beautiful here today. 82F here now at 12:40, supposed to get up to 87F. Sunny and not a breath of wind.

Thanks for thinking of me. Like I said, the front was pretty much a non-event here, other than the big temperature drop. How that same front spawned a lethal tornado 60 miles from here is beyond my knowledge.

CD

Yucky 0501170624.jpg

Almost ditto! 78, sunny and 69%. I'm glad the humidity is down. We're going to a neighborhood porch crawl/fundraiser this afternoon. Today will be perfect for it.

Almost only counts in horseshoes and thermonuclear warfare. "Shall to play a game?" :angel:

Are you in Olde Town Portsmouth, by any chance?

Last edited:
It has been in the low 40's today with wind. Nasty, raw and downright miserable. And I had to go out this morning. I left the house with my spring coat on and ran right back upstairs to put on my heavy winter fur coat.

When I came back, Pirate had shut off the heat and I was freezing. I turned the heat on high and it ran for more than an hour. Here it is after nine p.m. and I am finally warm.

53 degrees F, intermittent sun. Going over to Mom's with my live plant shipment and see if we can get anything into the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom