What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cars are starting to be like airplanes. Outside temperature while driving shown, inside temperature shown. Destination on screen map shown. Auto parallel parking initiated.

Last edited:
Both ambient temp and RealFeel temp is 75! Mom and I actually did grocery shopping at 6:30 am today, it was just too hot after we got out of Walmart yesterday.

109 F here yesterday. The next few days are expected to be cooler. It's good it's a Saturday. Otherwise roofing and paving must go on. I laugh at that picture from England where it's so hot a dump trucks wheels melted into the pavement and got stuck.

Last edited:
Found myself sitting out in the back garden in my nightgown at 2am last night. Couldn't sleep. I live in what, over here, is called a bungalow (single storey house - I believe the word comes from a Hindi word adopted from India during the Raj.)

The terms of my insurance coverage is that ground floor windows have to be closed and locked after occupants have gone to bed (a pretty standard term in the UK, I believe). Which means I can't have my bedroom window open. I may need to buy an electric fan if this keeps up!

Last edited:
The terms of my insurance coverage is that ground floor windows have to be closed and locked after occupants have gone to bed (a pretty standard term in the UK, I believe). Which means I can't have my bedroom window open. I may need to buy an electric fan if this keeps up!

would they accept rails? or grates?
A lot of people here put them on their basement windows to deter break-ins.

would they accept rails? or grates?
A lot of people here put them on their basement windows to deter break-ins.
Wouldn't that be a hazard in a bedroom in case of fire? Maybe a window that can be locked in a partially open position, leaving an opening too small to climb in through?

I Laid there for 5 minutes sweltering last night, wondering why I was not getting my cross breeze, I had forgotten to open the window above my bed. All of my windows are open at night. If there is someone skulking around the neighborhood the dogs will let me know. They bark at everything.

Currently 94F...I'm melting.....

Hot as the hinges of hell right now. Not only is it hot, the humidity is so intense that we can nearly cut the air with a machete.

Damn! It's oppressive.

Not only that, our AC croaked in our vehicle on an hour's drive to the doctor.

Crap, crap, crap!

As we made our journey to the doctor's office, we damn near melted.

In the end, we had WD40 air conditioning...windows down, 40 miles per hour.

As Paul Harvey would say, you'll get the ....rest of the story.

We've actually had a nice couple of days here, it was actually cool when I went out and got the paper this AM. Fixed our breakfast without the AC coming on but I expect it to make itself known any minute now.... and there it goes.

We just had a nice thunderstorm. We got about 30 minutes of good, soaking rain, and the temperature dropped to 86.

We REALLY needed that rain. Green stuff was turning yellow and brown rapidly.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom