What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Taxlady, it went fast and ended badly, but we still need to stop our fire too. The biggest reason it went so bad in Greece, was corruption, greed and no coordinated efforts.

112F here again at almost 5PM. I've barely left the house in a week - can't tolerate this dangerously high heat anymore. :(

HOT! And very dry. Our water supply reservoir is still 85-percent full, so we are not on drastic water restrictions. But, it was 100-percent full three months ago, so we are using it up pretty quickly.

CD

We watched the whole moon eclipse and it was amazing, first little pale and then orange before the eclipse was over.

It has been a bit milder -- it was only mid 90s today. Still very dry.

I have very little lawn in my yard. Just enough for the dog. I've gradually replaced almost all of it with native plants, and my trees are native.

CD

Somewhat cooler that it was a week or so ago. Which is welcome. I don't know how you all cope with the temperatures you get over there.

Air conditioning -- lots of it, everywhere. :LOL:

I've been to England about three times in the middle of summer, and it was very pleasant.

It didn't quite make it to 100F today, but with the heat index, it is 102F now -- the "feels like" temperature. :rolleyes:

The actual temperature right now at 6:21pm is 96.

CD

...I don't know how you all cope with the temperatures you get over there.
Coping mechanisms, MC, like casey said! If you live in an area with any measure of heat for a prolonged period, you either have central air conditioning or well-placed window units. Also, those of us who get real summers every year are more accustomed to the warm weather that you are spared from much of the time. You learn what works for you to make yourself the most comfortable you can.

Tornado!

We were alerted by a "Tornado in area - seek shelter immediately" warning just before 10:00 AM today. I think most of you know that we're the "very late to bed, very late to rise" sort of people, so we were sleeping deeply when the alert went off. While my phone is parked in the first floor kitchen, Himself has his in the bedroom with him. He got up and stood watch over the outside weather and the maps on his phone, making sure it wasn't near enough to make it necessary to wake me so we could head to the basement. My Hero! :wub: He said we didn't even get high winds, but a verified tornado (a high EF-1, with a range between 86 and 110 MPH) did touch down and cause serious damage only a mile and a half from our house! :ohmy: We certainly were blessed. :angel:

Coping mechanisms, MC, like casey said! If you live in an area with any measure of heat for a prolonged period, you either have central air conditioning or well-placed window units. Also, those of us who get real summers every year are more accustomed to the warm weather that you are spared from much of the time. You learn what works for you to make yourself the most comfortable you can.

Like purchasing an iceberg for your front yard...

It's YOU! And all this time they've been blaming the shrinking icebergs on rising temperatures...:-p

Maybe you need to get a block of ice, put it into a galvanized tub, set a fan up on one side of the ice, and settle yourself into a tub of cool water on the other side of the ice. Hey, it works in one of the "rides" at Disney World, it might work for you!

It’s too darned hot! High temps are in the 110° to 115° range. Every day, for at least the next week. We have AC, you can’t live in Vegas without it, but our power bills are bigger than some people’s car payment!

It’s also uncharacteristically humid, although humidity is a relative thing. If it gets above 20% humidity here, that’s humid, especially when accompanied by temps over 100°.

Night time lows in the mid 80s, with not a breeze. There’s no sun beating down ,but it’s still oppressive. Pretty much everyone here is really cranky! I know my last nerve is worn!

We've had rain almost every day for about three weeks now, with temps in the mid to upper 80s. The front has finally moved off the coast so now we'll have clear skies and temps in the 90s for a few days.

I came across a scary heat map of Europe that shows very graphically how hot it has been there. I hope they get some relief soon. Our exchange student and her family live in northern Germany on the Black Sea and have no air conditioning.
IMG_20180803_135625.jpeg

Friends just got back from a month of visiting the Black Forest region in Germany, GG, it must have been much cooler where they went.

We're in the “drought zone” here along the river. But it's raining now! We sure need it. So far it's been 8 minutes. Aaannnddd it stopped.

One heck of a thunderstorm last night. At 2 am, 3/4 size hail. Lost power & overslept for work. Now it's a humid day in SE South Dakota.

Welcome to Western New York, where the only kind of weather they have is inclement! Just like every summer, it's either sunny or overcast, oppressively hot and humid, when it isn't raining, which is also oppressively hot and humid. That is why I hate it here so much, why I spent the last 40 yars in California, and when my father is gone, I am on my way back to California.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom