What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I woke up to an outside temperature of 39F. :ohmy:

It is raining and 42F right now (11:30am). Brrrrrr.

PF, you can have this cold stuff, I'll take sunny and 70, please. :mrgreen:

CD

I woke up to an outside temperature of 39F. :ohmy:

It is raining and 42F right now (11:30am). Brrrrrr.

PF, you can have this cold stuff, I'll take sunny and 70, please. :mrgreen:

CD
I think most of us would. :rolleyes:
Here, on the Island of Montreal, QC, it's light rain and 9°C (48°F) and feels like 6°C (43°F).

Here in southeastern Virginia, we have a sunny 81 F. Tonight's low is supposed to be 64, with the same high for tomorrow. Tonight the grill - tomorrow the oven! [emoji38]

I think most of us would. :rolleyes:
Here, on the Island of Montreal, QC, it's light rain and 9°C (48°F) and feels like 6°C (43°F).

Wow, the weather in Dallas is the same as in Montreal. Actually, a little colder. It is 44F here and rainy.

CD

Rain.

Just rain. then more rain. It's starting to look like Portland around here. Soggy people on bicycles with energetic causes but little actual experience...

Just kidding.

My lawn looks great, though. The weeds have been replaced with moss. Much nicer looking.

Last edited:
Rain.

Just rain. then more rain. It's starting to look like Portland around here. Soggy people on bicycles with energetic causes but little actual experience...

Just kidding.

My lawn looks great, though. The weeds have been replaced with moss. Much nicer looking.

It is starting to look like Washington DC around here. The swamp is getting deeper by the day. :mrgreen:

I have mushrooms growing in my garden.

The rest of the week looks the same.

CD

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 7.49.09 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 7.49.09 PM.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 91
If I could trade you your cold for my heat, I would. I love the cold. As long as the wind isn't blowing it's sweater weather! It was 45F when I came home and I had the windows rolled down.

It's been pretty miserable here with the dreaded Santa Ana Devil Wind. :devilish:
Humidity is down to 4%, enough to suck out any body moisture, not to mention the fear of fire with no rain since March. Down right scary here after dealing with the horrible Thomas Fire in December. :(

It's been pretty miserable here with the dreaded Santa Ana Devil Wind. :devilish:
Humidity is down to 4%, enough to suck out any body moisture, not to mention the fear of fire with no rain since March. Down right scary here after dealing with the horrible Thomas Fire in December. :(
I remember walking to school in those winds. You had to lean really far into the wind to make any headway. What's your temperature like?

Currently 8°C (46°F) and feels like 5°C (41°F). And for tonight (from email):

"Frost Advisory

"Montréal Island area

"Issued at 15:08 Tuesday 16 October 2018

"Frost may destroy crops. ### Frost advisories are issued when temperatures are expected to reach the freezing mark during the growing season, leading to potential damage and destruction to plants and crops. Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to QCstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #QCStorm. Find out more ›"

Currently 8°C (46°F) and feels like 5°C (41°F). And for tonight (from email):

"Frost Advisory

"Montréal Island area

"Issued at 15:08 Tuesday 16 October 2018

"Frost may destroy crops. ### Frost advisories are issued when temperatures are expected to reach the freezing mark during the growing season, leading to potential damage and destruction to plants and crops. Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to QCstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #QCStorm. Find out more ›"
64 F today. We just planted a variety of lettuces and rainbow chard over the weekend.
1016181615.jpg

Look ma, more rain!

We have had 9.02 inches of rain here in the first half of October. Normal is 3.5 inches for the whole month, and 37 inches for the entire year.

CD

I found a way to make the rain stop, and the temps become colder, more fall-like.

I scheduled a landscape service to do a core aeration and overseeding. So, of course the rain stops and the temps drop.

Never fails.

Although, the landscraper guys were supposed to come today and they didn't show. This was after I spent two hours making 55 little flags, then turning on each lawn sprinkler zone in the basement, running outside and marking the heads with the little flags all around the property, zone by zone, so they wouldn't run over and damage the sprinkler heads.

Grrrrrr.

Last edited:
I found a way to make the rain stop, and the temps become colder, more fall-like.

I scheduled a landscape service to do a core aeration and overseeding. So, of course the rain stops and the temps drop.

Never fails.

Although, the landscraper guys were supposed to come today and they didn't show. This was after I spent two hours making 55 little flags, then turning on each lawn sprinkler zone in the basement, running outside and marking the heads with the little flags all around the property, zone by zone, so they wouldn't run over and damage the sprinkler heads.

Grrrrrr.

A little tip for the next time... you can buy those little orange marker flags at Home Depot. 100 for 8 bucks.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom