What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No rain today...almost 70 degrees with sunshine! Top down on the car to get the groceries earlier, but it's down to the fifties now and the back porch heater is burning. Wimpy, huh?

Thanks PF! I am driving to work each day with the water getting higher on each side and wondering (with the rain) when I won't be able to get across. I don't live anywhere near a river but the water table has reached saturation point and farmers are moving cattle to very weird spots. Where I work is very high up, but where I live I have friends who lost electricity over the weekend.

I have plenty of candles and matches though!

Right now, I can report from southern England that..... maybe....... it hasn't rained for a whole day! Yay!!!...But England is still basically sinking. (More rain forecasted tomorrow.) :unhappy:
Saw video of the news reports on TV yesterday and thought immediately of you and our other Brit posters. So glad to see you have your nose and your keyboard above water. Too bad you can't send some of your rain to CA where Kayelle and others are parched. Stay safe...and keep those matches stored up high.

Thanks PF! I am driving to work each day with the water getting higher on each side and wondering (with the rain) when I won't be able to get across. I don't live anywhere near a river but the water table has reached saturation point and farmers are moving cattle to very weird spots. Where I work is very high up, but where I live I have friends who lost electricity over the weekend.

I have plenty of candles and matches though!

Time to pack a suitcase and put it in the car in case you get stranded at work. Clean clothes and toiletries!

Oh dear, Katy! The whole world is sharing all this nasty weather. Stay safe!

We currently have 25°F, and apparently are expecting more rotten weather tomorrow, a mix of snow and freezing rain. Though as cold as it is, I'm not sure how much rain will get in there.

Time to pack a suitcase and put it in the car in case you get stranded at work. Clean clothes and toiletries!

It can't go on much longer!

I live in an upstairs flat so I keep thinking that if flooding hits "downstairs" it won't affect me.... but of course the electricity will go out way before the water reaches me...

Honestly, it hasn't got that bad here. Yet. (Across town people were evacuated last week).

But, it's a big town! :)

Snowing like crazy here, almost a whiteout. All the schools are closed due to President's Day. DH's workplace is having pizza delivered in.

Woke up this morning to snow. By noon, puddles everywhere. High of 40F. It turned out to be a nice sunny day.

It's finally in the low thirties and it's snowing and blowing so bad it must be a white out. Still too dark to see. I'm sure I'll have to clear the driveway this morning.

It's currently 19 degrees. Going to get up to 45 pretty fast today. THAT"S SERIOUS GRILLING WEATHER !!!

I am headed up to the store for some chicken bones today. And some veggies that can be grilled too. O and I have Pineapple chunks that I can do something with. This is practically Picnic Weather folks!!

Mr Plan-Ahead moved the grill alongside the house last fall. Haven't been able to use it all winter. Besides being buried in snow drifts, the wheels are frozen to the ground. Will get the smokey joe out of the garage and set it on the back steps.

More snow and back to sub zero predicted towards the end of the week. Got to make hay while the sun shines. :cool:

31°F, no snow, but it was sloppy wet last night with the giant snow flakes coming down, so I am sure the car is covered in ice.

Light snow that stopped and should start again this PM. Currently -10°C (24°F) and going up to -3°C (27°F). Should go above freezing tomorrow through Saturday, with freezing over nights. This is encouraging.

What to do, what to do...
This is a very heavy snow, but it is supposed to warm up and rain in a couple days.
I'm debating whether or not to clear the snow now (that I need to do by hand) or let mother nature do it, but if something happens that it doesn't warm up and rain, it will really be a mess.

Wow. It's 49°F here along the river. And this is the snowiest February on record for us.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom