What size meatballs do you like for spaghetti?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I should have added that this plastic meatball shaping gadget is advertised at $27.66 with free shipping from the folks at Amazon.

1691071260433.gif

If I made meatballs once a month, I might be tempted. But I don't so I'm not.

Like those hamburger press thingy's. Got one when they first came out but were (for me) very fussy to use, more washing up to do and was quick to hit the junk drawer.
Anybody still use one?
View attachment 65400
I use my tortilla press for flattening burgers.

Here's a contradiction for you. After preparing the meatball mixture, I use a scale to weigh out each meatball so they're all the exactly the same. (Don't want anyone to get cheated with a smaller meatball.)

However, I then shape them manually and they end up not being perfectly round and I don't care.

Here's a contradiction for you. After preparing the meatball mixture, I use a scale to weigh out each meatball so they're all the exactly the same. (Don't want anyone to get cheated with a smaller meatball.)

However, I then shape them manually and they end up not being perfectly round and I don't care.
How many grams are each meatball?

How many grams are each meatball?
When I make my Italian meatball recipe I use beef, pork and veal along with the other usual ingredients. There's 2 pounds of meat plus the weight of the other ingredients. I want 24 meatballs from the recipe so I can divide it among six meal portions, along with sauce, for that night's meal plus five meals worth for the freezer. So I take the total weight of the meat mixture and divide it by 24. The result is 40 grams each. The meatballs are about 1½ inches in diameter. ;)

This explanation takes longer than the extra work to get the result.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom