What to replace wasabi powder with in mashed potatoes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
these are really abundant (Jerusalem artichoke) :)

it will be served with chicken breast that i will "butterfly" and fry with a little bit of oil in the pan

How about just skip wasabi powder all together. If you like thing hot add some black pepper, or if you like it really hot then cayenne pepper. Depending on what you have available. Wasabi powder will add heat.

Are you using the mashed potatoes as a side dish or as the base to put something on top of? If I'm going to put a sauce or meat on top of my mashed potatoes, I often just mash them with some of the potato cooking water. That's about as low calorie as you can make mashed potatoes. Well, you could substitute some of the potato with something lower in calories, like celeriac (celery root).

I agree. If you want lower cal mashed potatoes, use the cooking water instead of milk or cream. Although I do recommend a little butter.

these are really abundant (Jerusalem artichoke) :)

BEWARE, Some people react VERY BADLY to Sunchokes/Jerusalem artichokes

My friend was on the toilet for hours. I was lucky, I just got uncontrollable farting that lasted for 24 hours. And I had a board meeting in a closed conference room the next day.

Sun chokes contain a substance called inulin. It is a pre-biotic that feeds gut flora. I can see it causing digestive issues if you gut doesn't have micro-organisms to digest inulin.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

excellent example of diversity

LOL this thread is an excellent example of how a subject conversation evolves.

from changing an unwanted taste to losing weight to dietary balances :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom